Windows 10: No sound on my PC with any media player

Discus and support No sound on my PC with any media player in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why won't mp3 or mp4 files play on my Windows 10 PC in Media Player (Windows encountered an error opening this file)? The files open in other media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IRS1964, Oct 5, 2018.

1. IRS1964 Win User

No sound on my PC with any media player

Why won't mp3 or mp4 files play on my Windows 10 PC in Media Player (Windows encountered an error opening this file)? The files open in other media players with no sound and iTunes plays the mp3s without any problem. And yes, my speakers are at 100%. Everything used to work fine and I've not done anything to change the settings.

:)

IRS1964, Oct 5, 2018

2. Issues with sound on Media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having audio related issues with the media files.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether the issue is specific to media player. Are you able to play music files from other players?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Also run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Windows Media Player Settings.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Media player

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue further, we’d like to know the following:

• What is the version of your Windows Media Player?
    • Did you get any error message? If yes, kindly specify.
    In the meantime, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the
    Windows Media player
    . Here are the steps how to:

• Press Win button + R on your keyboard.
    • In the text box, type Control.
    • On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off option to see Windows Features window.
    • Expand Media Feature list, then uncheck Windows Media Player box. It will give a prompt message;
      this will also turn of Windows Media Center click yes as you will need
      to reinstall it after.
    • Reboot PC.
    • You need to reinstall Windows Media Player. Open Windows Features, tick the Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center, then install it from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. No sound on my PC with any media player - Similar Threads - sound media player

2. No sound after resuming from pause in any media players

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after resuming from pause in any media players: When we have to pause a video and navigate from the same for 2-3 minutes, there is no sound after resuming it. This happens in all video players like VLC, Windows media player etc. I've tried multiple troubleshooting exercises within settings, device manager etc. but no luck....
  3. No sound after resuming from pause in any media players

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after resuming from pause in any media players: When we have to pause a video and navigate from the same for 2-3 minutes, there is no sound after resuming it. This happens in all video players like VLC, Windows media player etc. I've tried multiple troubleshooting exercises within settings, device manager etc. but no luck....
  4. No sound after resuming from pause in any media players

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. windows media player no sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows media player no sound: since last update my media player has no sound I had to reinstall windows because the external drive changed from e to g also sonos had to reinstalled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-no-sound/dec02fe8-ffff-4b94-95d2-ca407b7dd069
  6. No sound in Media Player 12

No sound in Media Player 12: After a recent Microsoft update the sound was not working in Media player. After running the audio trouble shooter and restarting my laptop the sound came back. When I start up the laptop after a shutdown the sound has disappeared again! I can only get sound after running the...
  7. No sound in media player 12

No sound in media player 12: For no apparent reason the sound has disappeared from media player 12 on my laptop (Asus X556U, running Windows 10). When I run the audio trouble shooter the sound comes back after a restart, but when I turn on the laptop next time the sound has gone again. This seems to...
  8. Windows Media Player Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player Sound: The sound has worked well until today. I selected the music I wanted to listen to, all onscreen indicators say the sound is working but no sound is coming out. NOTE: The speakers are integrated into the all-in-one computer. How can I fix it so that I can hear my music as I...
  9. pc freezes while play any video by any media player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freezes while play any video by any media player: whenever i open vlc or km media player to play video the whole pc freezes and i needs to shutdown the pc with power button i dont know why my pc freezes. i already updated my graphic drivers. any help is appriciated....
  10. What has happened to my PC and Windows Media Player ---No Sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What has happened to my PC and Windows Media Player ---No Sound?: I am using reliable Audio gear with the latest drivers so this is a mystery. The Sound just CUT OUT yesterday. I see where a CHARGE is to apply to Windows DVD apps from 31 July (why I am not sure). Perhaps I would be better off acquiring WINDOWS 10 in its entirety from a...