Windows 10: no sound on new Dell desktop

Discus and support no sound on new Dell desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my new Dell inspiron has no sound. ran diagnostics, reloaded Windows 10, still not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by billybo44444, Jan 10, 2019.

1. no sound on new Dell desktop

my new Dell inspiron has no sound. ran diagnostics, reloaded Windows 10, still not working

:)

billybo44444, Jan 10, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue no sound on new Dell desktop :p

cadaveca, Jan 11, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 11, 2019
  4. no sound on new Dell desktop

sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to hear the email notification sound.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel Items

• Click on Sound.

• Click on Sounds Tab.

• Click on Desktop Mail Notification.

• Click TEST.

• Click OK.
    And check if you are able to hear the email notification sound.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

no sound on new Dell desktop

1. no sound on new Dell desktop - Similar Threads - sound Dell desktop

2. Interesting information about my new Dell desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Interesting information about my new Dell desktop: Looking at my system information on my Microsoft account tonight showed interesting information about my new Dell desktop computer that I bought with Windows 11 Pro already installed on it. My question, why does my Microsoft Account show Windows 10 Pro and a check of...
  3. DELL DESKTOP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DELL DESKTOP: Why does my old Dell Desktop gets stuck takes 5min to close a website is it my HDran SFC and processing request sits forever ?'Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-desktop/37cec096-10c2-46b7-b901-07a7d21b50b6
  4. Cannot hear any sound on new Dell Windows 10 desktop, volume set at 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot hear any sound on new Dell Windows 10 desktop, volume set at 10: Hi, I cannot hear any sound on my new Dell Windows 10 desktop. Volume is set at 10. I've tried different videos on YouTube and can't hear them. My old desktop played them. All the data was transferred to this new machine. Thank you for your help! - T.S.BH...
  5. Dell announces new XPS Desktop and Dell S-Series Monitors

in Windows 10 News
    Dell announces new XPS Desktop and Dell S-Series Monitors: [ATTACH] Over the last few months, most of us have been getting reacquainted with our PCs at home. We know that having the right PC, complemented by the perfect monitor and accessories, can empower you to accomplish anything you throw at it: the power to create, work, play...
  6. New Dell server has a few sound issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Dell server has a few sound issue.: I just purchased this refurbished Dell server with Windows 10 Pro installed. I have a slightly older monitor, so I had to use a Displayport to HDMI conversion cable to connect them together. Originally it didn't sound bad, although with this monitor does sound "tinney" even...
  7. Sound System on New Dell Inspiron PC 1909

Sound System on New Dell Inspiron PC 1909: Just moved my old WMP library over to the new Win10 PC and I was glad to see a meta services feature to bring back art work,ect. Not as good as the old one, but better than nothing. I have to say I am not so pleased with the new sound system. Dell Inspiron with the Realtek...
  8. Bad sound and video in a new desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad sound and video in a new desktop: I have a new Dell desktop running Windows 10. The sound is terrible there. When I turn up the sound it is not loud as expected, video plays in slow motion. It is a new machine, why?...
  9. Sound Distortion on New Dell 7577 Laptop

Sound Distortion on New Dell 7577 Laptop: I am facing sound distortion on my new Dell 7577 laptop from the day i have purchased it. the day i purchased it it got updated to windows 1803 and all drivers are updated. For Realtek my installed version is 6.0.1.8219, and again as suggested by many i have uninstalled...
  10. Sound distorion on New Dell 7577 laptop

Sound distorion on New Dell 7577 laptop: I am facing sound distortion on my new Dell 7577 laptop from the day i have purchased it. the day i purchased it it got updated to windows 1803 and all drivers are updated. For Realtek my installed version is 6.0.1.8219, and again as suggested by many i have uninstalled...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound from my dell desktop