Windows 10: no sound on output jack

Discus and support no sound on output jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I get sound out of my internal speakers, but no sound when I plug ear phones into the output jack. I've got a new HP laptop model - 17-BY1053DX with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by the beagle, Jan 20, 2020.

1. no sound on output jack

I get sound out of my internal speakers, but no sound when I plug ear phones into the output jack. I've got a new HP laptop model - 17-BY1053DX with Windows 10.

Thanks.

:)

the beagle, Jan 20, 2020

2. Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Nexu Win User
    No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269

Sometime during the March updates the Windows Update completely broke my laptop system (Acer Aspire 5820TG - 424G50Mn). I ignored it for a long time due to lack of spare time until I saw a few days ago that Redstone 5 was available for download and now I finally have some time to take care of my laptop. I decided to perform a clean install of Insider Preview on my SSD.
    But now after the clean install I noticed my audio device isn't working as it should. I get sound out of the laptop speakers, but when I plug in my speaker or headphones in the audio jack, no sound comes out of it. The volume mixer tells me there is audio signal. The jack detection is working as the Realtek Audio Manager warns me (after I enabled it) when something gets plugged in or unplugged. It even correctly mutes the laptop speaker. But the just no actual sound coming out of the speakers/headphones.

OS Version 10.0.17758.1 (Win10 RS5 Insider Preview)

Device Description Realtek ALC269
    Device Description (Windows) Realtek High Definition Audio
    Device Type Audio
    Bus Type HDAUDIO
    Device ID 10EC-0269
    Subsystem ID 1025-035D
    Revision 1001
    Hardware ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_1025035D&REV_1001

Device Identifier Device Description
    midi-out.0 0001 001B Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
    mixer.0 0001 0068 Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
    mixer.1 0001 0068 Realtek Digital Output (Realtek
    mixer.2 0001 0068 Microphone (Realtek High Defini
    wave-in.0 0001 0065 Microphone (Realtek High Defini
    wave-out.0 0001 0064 Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
    wave-out.1 0001 0064 Realtek Digital Output (Realtek

It's not a hardware failure in anyway since the laptop and the sound system works PERFECTLY (sound out of laptop speaker, sound out of headphone/speaker when audio jack plugged in) if I boot up in Linux. Microphone jack does function properly in both Windows 10 and Linux.

I tried all kind of drivers, from laptop manufacturer, to Realtek's, to the ones in Windows Update Catalogue. Non of them seem to fix the issue

I tried various drivers:
    • 64-bits drivers offered for my laptop model on the Acer website
    • Generic 64-bits drivers offered on the Realtek website
    • Drivers offered on the Windows Update Catalogue
    Non of them helps fixing the issue of no sound coming out of the output jack.
    I know 100% that it's not a hardware issue since my Linux install are working fine. So that makes me believe it's either a driver issue (quite some people seem to have this problem as well with Realtek) or a Windows issue.

I really need some help to resolve this...

4. JackKabak Win User

no sound on output jack

iTunes - no sound via audio output jack on Surface Pro 4 with all else normal.

Hi Depak,

Thank you for your suggestion. Reinstalling did not work, but the issue can be fixed as follows:

In iTunes click upper left flag, select Preferences, then Playback Prefeences. In 'Play Audio Using" change selection from 'Windows Audio Session" to "Direct Sound".

This restores audio jack output and mutes the external speakers.

Many thanks again.

Jack

JackKabak, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

no sound on output jack

1. no sound on output jack - Similar Threads - sound output jack

2. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Jack input/output setting: Hi, this is just a small question regarding a specific audio setting. This setting was a pop-up for each time I plugged sth into the audio jack and it showed a list of devices that could be plugged into the jack e.g. Mic, Headphones, speakers, etc. I got an external mic but...
  3. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Jack input/output setting: Hi, this is just a small question regarding a specific audio setting. This setting was a pop-up for each time I plugged sth into the audio jack and it showed a list of devices that could be plugged into the jack e.g. Mic, Headphones, speakers, etc. I got an external mic but...
  4. no output jack for sound audio on zenbook laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no output jack for sound audio on zenbook laptop?: ugh...how do you listen to get audio output to pair with bluet tooth and a JBL charge 4, with my zenbook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-output-jack-for-sound-audio-on-zenbook-laptop/f5b144de-1957-4e99-a0d5-2ae5010bb325
  5. No sound output

No sound output: My daughter decided to clean up my computer, what has she deleted causing no sound output? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-output/87c854d3-ae30-4808-b62d-b6c7fc3a90ef
  6. no sound output

no sound output: Hello, I just noticed that I have no sound output from my speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-output/aa0543cf-7e4e-420b-beea-c4c424a08bd3
  7. Sound output with loudspeakers while using a 3.5 jack microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound output with loudspeakers while using a 3.5 jack microphone: Hello Community, I want to record / screencast with a 3.5 jack microphone. This is working. But when I plug the microphone in, I am not able to hear my desktop sounds over the loudspeakers. I guess the computer "thinks" I have headphones. How can I use the loudspeakers of...
  8. Sound output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound output: My sound stopped and system cannot find the Realtek audio output so I can enable it. Microphone input is visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-output/a2d0aa78-30f1-49bc-a175-884d7d409a2f
  9. No Sound Output

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound Output: Hi, I've been experiencing sound issues with my ASUS laptop on Windows 10. Everytime I plug in an earphone or speaker via the audio jack, the computer detects and asks what I've just plugged in but upon selecting the device, there is no sound output. Music continues to play...
  10. No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269

No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269: Sometime during the March updates the Windows Update completely broke my laptop system (Acer Aspire 5820TG - 424G50Mn). I ignored it for a long time due to lack of spare time until I saw a few days ago that Redstone 5 was available for download and now I finally have some...