Windows 10: No sound on some websites

Discus and support No sound on some websites in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10.0.17763 Build 17763. Some websites (Twitter and Duolingo) do not play sound through my speakers. Actually somehow 50% of the videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BeckWaldbauer, Jul 21, 2019.

1. No sound on some websites

I'm on Windows 10.0.17763 Build 17763.

Some websites (Twitter and Duolingo) do not play sound through my speakers. Actually somehow 50% of the videos on Twitter play sound. Other sites play audio fine, and all other apps play sound fine. This is a cross-browser issue (I've tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge). Whenever audio should be playing, the little audio symbol appears on the tab to indicate this. When I plug in headphones, I get sound. I have gone into my sound settings and disabled the "wireless controller" sound options, as plugging in a PS4 controller has - in the past - caused my sound to cease playing from speakers. I've searched through browser settings but can't find sound options to specify which output device to use.

I'm flabbergasted on this one!

:)

BeckWaldbauer, Jul 21, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound on some websites :p

cadaveca, Jul 21, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 21, 2019
  4. No sound on some websites

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

No sound on some websites

1. No sound on some websites - Similar Threads - sound websites

2. How to prevent a website from continuing to play sound threw speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent a website from continuing to play sound threw speakers: Recently I ran into this problem, I went to the website nextbase.com to get a player for my dashcam. However, when was there no video was displayed but heard how to install the dash cam, though when I left the site the audio was still playing even after closing IE the audio...
  3. How to prevent a website from continuing to play sound threw speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent a website from continuing to play sound threw speakers: Recently I ran into this problem, I went to the website nextbase.com to get a player for my dashcam. However, when was there no video was displayed but heard how to install the dash cam, though when I left the site the audio was still playing even after closing IE the audio...
  4. How to prevent a website from continuing to play sound threw speakers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Problems accessing some websites and my sound has been turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems accessing some websites and my sound has been turned off: Within the last week, I installed Windows 11. When I was in the process, the system told me it needed more space. I clicked to approve it and the installation continued. However, now I am experiencing problems in various different areas and I'm not sure how to fix them. 1 I...
  6. Problems accessing some websites and my sound has been turned off

Problems accessing some websites and my sound has been turned off: Within the last week, I installed Windows 11. When I was in the process, the system told me it needed more space. I clicked to approve it and the installation continued. However, now I am experiencing problems in various different areas and I'm not sure how to fix them. 1 I...
  7. No sound in Youtube, Merriam Webster, movie channels and other websites that need sound...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound in Youtube, Merriam Webster, movie channels and other websites that need sound...: Hello to every techie people here. Hope anyone can help me please. When I was listening to the music in Youtube there is no sound. I have checked the sound in YT and it's turned on. I have checked other websites that need sound like Merriam Webster, movie channels still there...
  8. No sound in Youtube, Merriam Webster, movie channels and other websites that need sound...

No sound in Youtube, Merriam Webster, movie channels and other websites that need sound...: Hello to every techie people here. Hope anyone can help me please. When I was listening to the music in Youtube there is no sound. I have checked the sound in YT and it's turned on. I have checked other websites that need sound like Merriam Webster, movie channels still there...
  9. sound and some display parts gone on certain websites after recent ca 2021 MS updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound and some display parts gone on certain websites after recent ca 2021 MS updates: I have noticed after some of the recent updates to Win10 that certain of the websites on which I listen to music now no long are able to provide their previous offerings. As a note of info, I use Google Chrome currently for web access on all my machines. The player may be...
  10. This sounds strange, but Microsoft doesn't have a website informing you of a virus right?

in Cortana
    This sounds strange, but Microsoft doesn't have a website informing you of a virus right?: So I clicked on an ad for Ebay I always forget the ads are above the website and it took me to a website looking like Microsoft's with about 5 pop-ups saying there was a trojan virus and a number below to call. But I'm thinking, why would they inform you through a website and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have no sound on websites