Windows 10: No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web

Discus and support No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My video and music files (all of them) have no sound when played, even though yesterday it was all okay. I've tried more media players including vlc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hanne_904, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Hanne_904 Win User

No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web

My video and music files (all of them) have no sound when played, even though yesterday it was all okay. I've tried more media players including vlc, windows media player; none of them works. I reinstalled the audio drivers. I would appreciate any other suggestion and help!

P. S.: I should mention that sound works fine in apps and youtube videos. It's just the files that have no sound.

:)

Hanne_904, Mar 27, 2019
  2. wfs _840 Win User

Sound & Video problems in Win10

Just upgraded to Win10 from 8.1 on an HP Pavillionx2. In Chrome browser, I go to sites with video, such as youtube, and everything runs fine. I try and run any modern type programs and the sound and video stutter and the sound is not playing correctly.
    They sound just kind of shreiks. For example, the new MS Music program won't play music that's on the computer. iTunes on this computer plays fine. Youtube wont play correctly on Edge. Video files won't play on "VLC for Modern Windows." Oh--system sounds
    seem to play without any problems.

Suggestions?

wfs _840, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Youtube sound problem

I am facing youtube sound problem.actually,the problem is related to the background music of videos say movies,while streaming or playing any movies from youtube the background music of the movie become too noisy or loud while at the same time when any actors
    spoke sound is low as compared to background music.

Example-when actor or hero come background music goes too loud or noisy but his voice sound is too low.I am facing this problem as serious issue because i have to constantly increase sound when actors speak and decrease when background music is played

this problem is only in youtube platform

solution,please????????????????????????

with regard

thank you

sumitrakutuwo, Mar 27, 2019
  4. No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web

Youtube / Chrome / Windows 10 sound issue

There is a strange issue with sound playback from Youtube videos in Chrome on Windows 10:

For some Youtube videos, it fails to play the sound, and the following oddities can be observed:

• Sound from other Youtube videos, and other websites, is played normally.
    • Chrome has the little playback icon in the Youtube tab.
    • In the Windows Sound Mixer, the "Chrome" and "System" bars show the current volume level, but nothing comes out of the speakers.
    • Microsoft Edge plays the Youtube videos in question normally.

Two videos without audible sound in Chrome are and . What I'm not sure about is whether the sound of these particular videos always fails on Chrome. I've just rebooted though, and the sound still fails.

Because the Windows Sound Mixer actually displays the volume level but nothing comes out, and because Edge plays the sound flawlessly, I suppose this is not purely a problem with the videos themselves, but that Chrome and/or Windows 10 are involved.

Does anyone have an idea how to address this issue?

Felix Dombek, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web

1. No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web - Similar Threads - sound video music

2. YouTube videos sounding muffled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube videos sounding muffled.: Seriously. This started happening a few weeks ago and now it's only gotten worse. Every youtube video I play sounds like it's being played thru speakers that are 10 feet underwater. This same thing is happening on Edge and Firefox browsers. It's not happening on audio files...
  3. YouTube videos sounding muffled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube videos sounding muffled.: Seriously. This started happening a few weeks ago and now it's only gotten worse. Every youtube video I play sounds like it's being played thru speakers that are 10 feet underwater. This same thing is happening on Edge and Firefox browsers. It's not happening on audio files...
  4. no sound from youtube video on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound from youtube video on pc: Suddenly no sound is heard when a you tube video is selected on this Windows 10 PC. Has always worked fine until now. All PC sound tests display no problems and no changes have been made.YouTube suggests it may be Adobe Flash Player issue. Any advice....Please?Desktop -...
  5. no sound from youtube video on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no sound from youtube video on pc: Suddenly no sound is heard when a you tube video is selected on this Windows 10 PC. Has always worked fine until now. All PC sound tests display no problems and no changes have been made.YouTube suggests it may be Adobe Flash Player issue. Any advice....Please?Desktop -...
  6. no sound from youtube video on pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. sound on youtube videos

sound on youtube videos: I can not increase the volume on down loaded you tube videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-on-youtube-videos/796ece82-bfc5-4e30-89c4-f72ab268cc00
  8. I suddenly have no sound to play music videos

I suddenly have no sound to play music videos: My sound has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-suddenly-have-no-sound-to-play-music-videos/a569aae2-097c-4203-b5d0-dbe8fff9dbd5
  9. No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web: My video and music files (all of them) have no sound when played, even though yesterday it was all okay. I've tried more media players including vlc, windows media player; none of them works. I reinstalled the audio drivers. I would appreciate any other suggestion and help!...
  10. No Video in YouTube Music Videos.

in Browsers and Email
    No Video in YouTube Music Videos.: Hi folks, Just like the title said, my problem is that I'm not getting any video when I try to watch a music video on YouTube. In the past all I've had to do was reload the page and then it would work, but after smashing F5 hundreds of times I've come to the conclusion...