Windows 10: No Sound on Wake from Sleep

Discus and support No Sound on Wake from Sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using an ASUS Xonar DSX sound card running the latest UNi Xonar driver. Whenever I wake my computer up from sleep, I don't get any sound from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by andinel, Oct 30, 2015.

1. andinel Win User

No Sound on Wake from Sleep

I'm using an ASUS Xonar DSX sound card running the latest UNi Xonar driver. Whenever I wake my computer up from sleep, I don't get any sound from my speakers until I change the Analog Out destination in the Xonar DSX Audio Center application. My sound works perfectly otherwise, and functions normally when I start it up or restart it.

I have no idea what's causing this issue or how to troubleshoot it. I've already checked my computer for other sound drivers and either disabled or removed them.

:)

andinel, Oct 30, 2015
  2. YogiRob Win User

desktop hangs when resuming from sleep

GWRAY is right, I too am having all kinds of wake up problems with WIN 10. When I enable "wake from sleep" for my usb keyboard in the driver and also in the bios "allow usb devices to wake from sleep" my NVidia gtx 960 grahpics card never awakens after
    sleep. The computer does as the power lite goes solid and the fans turn on but no signal is coming to the monitor. I cycled through the inputs and no go. I had to hard reset the system. I even got a BSOD with the "driver_power_failure" error on one occasion.

I also have problems with my external usb netgear WNA3100 wireless adapter waking from sleep and even my integrated sound chip gets deactivated on occasion during sleep and I have to go to "sound" deselect it as default, enable something else, then deselect
    that and re-select the monitor sound.

You have problems here Microsoft. Fix it or back to Win 7, the last decent OS you produced.

YogiRob, Oct 30, 2015
  3. 4eyed mug Win User
    Sleep problems awaking.

Installed the latest update Windows 10 on PC last week & Monitor doesn't wake from sleep. Monitor starts to wake but then appears 'DVI no signal' and monitor closes down. The PC sound as though it is waking. Maybe upon wake the PC is sending the vidio
    signal to the wrong port???

Any suggestions??

4eyed mug, Oct 30, 2015
Thema:

No Sound on Wake from Sleep

1. No Sound on Wake from Sleep - Similar Threads - Sound Wake Sleep

2. Waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Waking from sleep: Every time I put the computer into sleep mode and then wake it up, it says no contact with the monitor after I turn on the monitor. I then have to leave the monitor on and put the computer to sleep via the keyboard and wake it up, it then sees and connects with the monitor....
  3. Waking from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Waking from sleep?: I understand how to stop windows waking from sleep but there are so many steps. By this I mean, the IMO, the sleep function in windows, by default is not fit for purpose. You have to make sure WOL is disabled, sleep timers, usb devices disabled allowing to wake are disabled....
  4. No sound after waking up from sleep

No sound after waking up from sleep: I just clean installed my windows 10, and I have been dealing with this issue with the sound on both my monitor with built in speakers would be gone after waking up from sleep mode. To be clear: I have 2 monitors with built in speakers, one connected to my hdmi and another...
  5. Sound problems after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sound problems after waking up from sleep: After last update, there is a problem with my workspace, after waking up from sleep, there is no sound and when I put headphones, there is a constant annoying loud pinping. Even disabling/reinstalling drivers doesn't help. Only restarting, and after sleep it goes again......
  6. Waking from sleep

Waking from sleep: Since the last update my mouse won't wake my pc from sleep - i have to press the reset button. I've checked power options etc Help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-from-sleep/16c5f540-8199-48ba-a97b-971670323493
  7. Wake from sleep

Wake from sleep: I’ve set my windows pc many times to only wake from sleep when a key from my keyboard has been pressed, not on mouse movement. It works for a couple of times and then it reverts to how it was before!! I’m getting very frustrated and would love a solution to this! submitted...
  8. Auto Wakes From Sleep / USB Connection Sound

Auto Wakes From Sleep / USB Connection Sound: I think these issues are connected. For one, when I restart my computer (sometimes) there is the sound W10 makes when you connect or disconnect a USB device. It happens over and over. I stop it by either letting it go and it tires itself out or disconnecting and...
  9. waking from sleep.

waking from sleep.: I have just changed from Win 10 home 32 bit to the 64 bit version. The crap I had with it starting up, shutting down the doing full cold boot after waking from sleep with a long time to come up still exists. I do not believe I am the only person in the world with this...
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound when windows wakes from sleep

2. windows no audio on wake from sleep