Windows 10: No sound on windows 10 after clean install

Discus and support No sound on windows 10 after clean install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A few months ago I wiped the computer hard drives clean and reinstalled windows 10. After the new install the external computer speakers will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IsaacAshby, Oct 23, 2018.

1. No sound on windows 10 after clean install

A few months ago I wiped the computer hard drives clean and reinstalled windows 10. After the new install the external computer speakers will not work. I know they work with windows 10 as they did before the clean install which was 10. The speakers work just fine when plugged into my phone. I have tried everything on every website I have researched including driver updates both automatic and manual, run microsoft troubleshoot, checked sound mute and levels everywhere, checked speakers are plugged in correctly. I son't think the sound card is bad as it was working fine right before I cleaned the slate. Help!

:)

IsaacAshby, Oct 23, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 23, 2018
  4. No sound on windows 10 after clean install

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

No sound on windows 10 after clean install

1. No sound on windows 10 after clean install - Similar Threads - sound clean install

2. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  3. Reactivation after a clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation after a clean install of Windows 10: I have plans of a fresh install of Windows 10 on my PC as it has slowed down over time. My laptop had come with Windows 10 installed and activated out of the box. Should I buy another key to activate Windows 10? I read some articles on the internet and learnt that the...
  4. No sound after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after installing Windows 10: After updating to Windows 10 November update; audio completely stopped coming. I check the audio drivers; it was latest version.. I uninstalled it -restart then Install it again -restart the PC.. still not working.. My motherboard is ECS H61H2-M4 Official site has no...
  5. No Sound Even After A Clean Install Of Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound Even After A Clean Install Of Windows 10: My PC is a Dell Optiplex 380 Specs: RAM: 4GB CORE: Intel Core Duo Windows Version: Windows 10 (Avtivated) Please give me a fix. No Sound Even After setting volume all the way up...
  6. Windows 10 freezing after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing after clean install: Hi, my computer keeps freezing even after a clean install on a SSD drive, mainly while using the edge browser. I did a full reset and still it froze while watching Mission Impossible trailer. nb. I have no third party software installed. The system a simple standard...
  7. No sound after installing Windows 10

No sound after installing Windows 10: can you help me clean my computer from malware I have no sound since I install window 10 it was working fine I can pay to clean it because I am not working I got sick last year so can you help me....
  8. No sound after installing windows 10

No sound after installing windows 10: I just upgraded to windows 10 and now my sound doesn't work. All drivers are working, shows speakers are working but there is no sound. PLEASE HELP! 12117
  9. Low sound volume after clean win10 installation

Low sound volume after clean win10 installation: Last week I tried to install the creator update and it made my laptop not to boot so I did clean win10 installation. After that I noticed that the sound volume isn't as high as it used to be even when turned up to 100%. Sounds goes unnoticable in somewhere near 13%. I...
  10. Downgrading after clean Install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading after clean Install of windows 10: Hey So I did a clean install of windows 10 because my computer was running slow, but now I would like to downgrade back to windows and I don't have the "windows.old" because of the clean install. Could someone please help me figure out a way to downgrade to my old...