Windows 10: No Sound on Windows 10

Discus and support No Sound on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have installed Windows 10 and everything has been working fine, I just don't have any sound on my pc or headphones. Any help would be greatly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blakebrady2, Oct 23, 2018.

1. blakebrady2 Win User

No Sound on Windows 10

I have installed Windows 10 and everything has been working fine, I just don't have any sound on my pc or headphones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

blakebrady2, Oct 23, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 23, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No Sound on Windows 10 :p

cadaveca, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Giridhar J Win User

No Sound on Windows 10

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

No Sound on Windows 10

1. No Sound on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sound

2. reinstalling my audio sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reinstalling my audio sounds: I was recently experiencing a screeching sound on my windows 10 while trying to watch a movie, I went to settings, sounds and the app that was being used was an internal setting, which I tried to disable and now I have no sound. What can I do to reinstall the sound?...
  3. Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.

Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.: I have a relatively new Bluetooth Pulse Echo headphone set and an Acer Aspire 3 notebook that has Windows 10 O/S. When I use the headphones with the notebook in wireless mode the sound volume alternates between normal and very low. I have run Windows Bluetooth fault finder...
  4. Sound not working after last Windows update

Sound not working after last Windows update: My laptop is two years old and runs Windows 10. Ever since I first had it, the sound would often stop working until I restarted the laptop. I contacted Microsoft support and they remotely worked on my laptop and were eventually able to fix the problem (after more than one...
  5. Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port

Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port: i do have HDMI Audio port on my PC but the thing is that i can't hear anything coming from it or if i need a 2nd HDMI cable for it as it is connected to my PC. currently using Windows 10 Build 1809 AMD Radeon R9 M360 121468
  6. Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to use Sound on a HDMI port: i do have HDMI Audio port on my PC but the thing is that i can't hear anything coming from it or if i need a 2nd HDMI cable for it as it is connected to my PC. 121468
  7. Laptop Speakers Continue Playing Sound Outloud When I Insert My Headphones In The Audio Jack

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Speakers Continue Playing Sound Outloud When I Insert My Headphones In The Audio Jack: So, usually when I plug in my headphones into the audio jack, my laptop gives me a small popup in the bottom right corner saying something like headphones were inserted, and I would press "okay" and I could listen to my music. But for some reason, I'm inserting it into the...
  8. Sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound stopped working: The sound stopped working on windows 10 pc. The volume settings are ok , it just mysteriously disappeared overnight. Can anyone please assist , Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/a30bb891-8c71-42d3-8a0f-daa29fea1a43
  9. no sound since i updated win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no sound since i updated win 10: no sounds since I downloaded win 10 very upsetting, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-since-i-updated-win-10/4ff205b1-0e15-4aa0-a8c7-bf32097b389f
  10. Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.

Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.: Hi, I've been experiencing this problem for a week now, and it is very frustrating. When I go to the Windows 'Sounds' tab, then "Playback". It says that my headset (Logitech G231) is plugged in and working. Then when I go to the 'Recording' tab, it says: "Not plugged in"....