Windows 10: No sound once again! Drivers help!

Discus and support No sound once again! Drivers help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Help I have no sound after a recommended update by dell for like 9 or so drivers from the dell assistant and my sound stopped working once again.. im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KaiMarie, Nov 5, 2019.

1. KaiMarie Win User

No sound once again! Drivers help!

Help I have no sound after a recommended update by dell for like 9 or so drivers from the dell assistant and my sound stopped working once again..

im just not going to update my drivers again cause this is getting annoying last time someone needed this to resolve the problem (evtx and msinfo files?) which are here

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av_hMNyvC90a4gZuKGsiCgbU1q5m?e=u8xp3d

The only driver the should have a "problem" is my webcam its disabled

Please if you could help me that would be great!!

link to my old post.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-i-have-no-sound-after-windows-update/7f70669b-e08f-4e0a-86ab-851eabbbe9c1

:)

KaiMarie, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 5, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Nov 5, 2019
  4. No sound once again! Drivers help!

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

No sound once again! Drivers help!

1. No sound once again! Drivers help! - Similar Threads - sound once again

2. Once again, CREDENTIALS feh!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Once again, CREDENTIALS feh!: I am trying to get home videos to play from my main video server on my Amazon Fire TV. I was told to get something called VLC. I installed it, and browsed to the server. It finds the server, but at first it would not pick up the shared folder with the videos. I tinkered with...
  3. Once again, CREDENTIALS feh!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Once again, CREDENTIALS feh!: I am trying to get home videos to play from my main video server on my Amazon Fire TV. I was told to get something called VLC. I installed it, and browsed to the server. It finds the server, but at first it would not pick up the shared folder with the videos. I tinkered with...
  4. Once again, CREDENTIALS feh!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. WDF_VViolation once again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WDF_VViolation once again: Hello,im having hard time with my Surface laptop 3 not tablet , i was forced to reinstall the system several times already... bc fresh system allows me to work first few hours :... after then i gets somehow update on drivers and simply crash - blue screen with an error on...
  6. WDF_VViolation once again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WDF_VViolation once again: Hello,im having hard time with my Surface laptop 3 not tablet , i was forced to reinstall the system several times already... bc fresh system allows me to work first few hours :... after then i gets somehow update on drivers and simply crash - blue screen with an error on...
  7. Realtek sound driver help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek sound driver help: HelloIn some but not all programs and games, my laptop does not make any sound. I tried re-downloading the Realtek drivers and nothing changed. The High Definition Audio Device driver is also not on my laptop. Please help...
  8. BSOD once again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD once again: Hello, I just got a BSOD and I have a dump file. Can someone take a look at it. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-once-again/a6753b93-5d6b-49fd-9662-a2cc2ced2274
  9. HELP. once again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP. once again: Getting really tired of this. You might know that i have had problems with my computer. I heard that i should reinstall windows. It doesnt work tho the same classic annoying message ''Resetting your PC could not be done'' No changes were made. This b*tch of a message wont go...
  10. Multiple BSODs (Once Again)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs (Once Again): I am back once again, with more crashes; after my last thread (Five months ago) all was fine, but now my computer is blue screening once again. I have had one BSOD every day for the past four days (If I recall correctly and including today) Every time they have happened I...