Windows 10: No sound Only when Voice chat

Discus and support No sound Only when Voice chat in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Um... I got this problem when my friend using discord to chat with me when I connect to the app my friend said that they heard me loud and clear but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TommyPhangestu, Jan 30, 2019.

1. No sound Only when Voice chat

Um... I got this problem when my friend using discord to chat with me when I connect to the app my friend said that they heard me loud and clear but from my side I didn't hear a thing so I disconnect the voice chat and try open some music and youtube it work perfectly and I tired again on discord same thing happened again. I keep doing it at first I was think that maybe the discord app that has the problem so I try to fix it from discord for a while and I got really pissed so I try to voice chat through Line and same thing happened at line so I was thinking that this maybe not from the app but from the program it self.
    help me pls I don't know how to fix this problem I try to searching from google but I don't find any solution.

:)

TommyPhangestu, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Tohuw Win User

Can't hear other programs' sound when using Bluetooth headsets with voice chat applications on Windows 10

This happens on both my Windows 10 systems, a late 2012 iMac and a custom-built PC using an ASRock Z170 motherboard and an Insignia Bluetooth dongle.

When using either Discord or Mumble and either Apple AirPods or a Bose QuietComfort 35 headset, I cannot hear sound from any other application unless I set the output device to the "Hands-Free Device" instead of the "Stereo Headphones" device.

The problem with that is the "Hands-Free Device" has only one sound quality option, 8 KHz, which is nowhere near the 44.1 KHz default of the "Stereo Headphones" output device. When I select the "Stereo Headphones" device the sound is great, until I open either of the mentioned voice chat applications, whereupon I can't hear anything until I close that program. Also, my mic does not work unless I re-set the communications device or default device to the hands-free option. If I set the hands-free device as the communications device, everything in the voice chat app works, but no other program has any sound.

I believe this is because the "Hands-Free" and "Stereo Headphones" devices are two separate Bluetooth services, and the Hands-Free device is activated whenever the voice chat is engaged, and remains that way until the "call" is over. I realize the "Communications" tab in the sound control panel is supposed to fix this sort of thing, but it changes nothing in this scenario.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I've read the suggestions in this post, which I just discovered, and none of that works:

• Removing the Hands-Free Telephony service removes the mic.
    • Changing the "Exclusive Mode" setting on any playback or recording device does not resolve the problem. Sometimes it does temporarily, then it reverts back to the problem described above within 5 minutes or so.
    • Disabling audio enhancements does nothing.

Tohuw, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Voice chat audio no longer comes through Default communication device (mic works fine)

Hi Samuel,

A factor why you're voice chat sounds goes through your speakers as well is due to configuration settings. We suggest that you configure playback devices. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound >
      Sound
    • Left-click on Speakers > Click on Set as Default Device.
    • Left-click on Headphones > Select Set as Default Communication Device.
    • Click OK.

If the issue still occurs, contact your device manufacturer's support for assistance on configuring your device.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Jan 30, 2019
  4. No sound Only when Voice chat

A very light voice/chat program.

Steam voice chat?

T3RM1N4L D0GM4, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

No sound Only when Voice chat

1. No sound Only when Voice chat - Similar Threads - sound Voice chat

2. BSOD but only when I’m using discord voice chat?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD but only when I’m using discord voice chat?: As the title says, I can use my PC to do anything EXCEPT use discord voice chat.I can play games for hours but as soon as I join a discord server with my friends I get a BSOD crash after around 30s-5m with the error “MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION”.I’ve tried many fixes including...
  3. BSOD but only when I’m using discord voice chat?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD but only when I’m using discord voice chat?: As the title says, I can use my PC to do anything EXCEPT use discord voice chat.I can play games for hours but as soon as I join a discord server with my friends I get a BSOD crash after around 30s-5m with the error “MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION”.I’ve tried many fixes including...
  4. BSOD but only when I’m using discord voice chat?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats: I work online and have voice chats almost everyday. I use Windows 10 on my Dell Inspirion 5570 laptop for work and use my website for work to make have voice chats. Whenever I'm in a voice call, whether it be for work or even on Discord for fun, the volume of my microphones...
  6. Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats

Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats: I work online and have voice chats almost everyday. I use Windows 10 on my Dell Inspirion 5570 laptop for work and use my website for work to make have voice chats. Whenever I'm in a voice call, whether it be for work or even on Discord for fun, the volume of my microphones...
  7. Microphones' automatically lowering volume when in voice chats

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. All Sounds On Computer Goes Through Voice Chat and Voice Recorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All Sounds On Computer Goes Through Voice Chat and Voice Recorder: Hello, My laptop is HP Omen 17t. Exact product number is: X9Z34EA#AB8 All my drivers and Windows 10 is up-to-date. No pending Windows updates or anything. The issue started a couple of weeks ago, out of nowhere, while I was playing a game with my friends, using...
  9. Voice Chat not working

Voice Chat not working: I purchased a computer earlier this year and have found problems with the party voice chat in the console companion app. I use a Razer Kraken X headset which works perfectly fine for everything Xbox, mobile, ps4, discord. For a few months, I could not speak at all in parties....
  10. HELP VOICE CHAT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP VOICE CHAT: every single time i connect to voice chat on any application it works for about a minute than cuts out im able to talk to them there able to hear me for just a minute then it cuts out submitted by /u/GunnerBoyJ [link] [comments]...