Windows 10: No sound or internet access due to failed update.

Discus and support No sound or internet access due to failed update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently I downloaded an update for windows 10 on my pc. After the update I noticed that I can no longer connect to the internet and have no audio.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Devin3412, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Devin3412 Win User

No sound or internet access due to failed update.

Recently I downloaded an update for windows 10 on my pc. After the update I noticed that I can no longer connect to the internet and have no audio. After extensive hours of research I have found nothing that helps, most of what I saw required downloading something but I cant connect to the wifi. It will not let me reset either, I use this pc daily for my schoolwork and entertainment and I've never had an issue until this update. Also it says there was an issue downloading the update and I've tried troubleshooting and deleting the update entirely but either it doesnt help or it wont allow me. Someone please help.

:)

Devin3412, Nov 15, 2018

2. No sound on internet

Hi John,

For us to properly isolate the issue with the sound from your Internet, we would like to know the following:

• On your second profile which has an issue with the sound, which browser are you using?
    • Does it happen in all browsers?
    • What are you trying to access?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We suggest that you check and make sure that all your device drivers are updated, especially your audio driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 15, 2018
  3. MCHBAR read access failed

Hi everyone,

Trying to install TechPowerUp GPU-Z v0.3.8 but i keep getting...MCHBAR read access failed, any suggestions???

dondre1992, Nov 15, 2018
  4. No sound or internet access due to failed update.

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

No sound or internet access due to failed update.

1. No sound or internet access due to failed update. - Similar Threads - sound internet access

2. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  3. Failed windows update KB4023057 - no internet, sound, unable to complete install or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed windows update KB4023057 - no internet, sound, unable to complete install or...: Hi All,I recently installed an update on 5/9/23 KB4023057As well as, two updates on the 10/5/23 malicious software removal tool - KB890830, and security intelligence update -KB2267602.I am unable to confirm if this is the update that has bricked my computer as I recently...
  4. Failed windows update KB4023057 - no internet, sound, unable to complete install or...

Failed windows update KB4023057 - no internet, sound, unable to complete install or...: Hi All,I recently installed an update on 5/9/23 KB4023057As well as, two updates on the 10/5/23 malicious software removal tool - KB890830, and security intelligence update -KB2267602.I am unable to confirm if this is the update that has bricked my computer as I recently...
  5. No internet following failed update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet following failed update: Hi guys!I have just installed the latest update but part way through the update it decided to fail and try to uninstall the updateNow I have no access to the internet and any troubleshooting methodsAnyone have any ideas?...
  6. No internet following failed update

No internet following failed update: Hi guys!I have just installed the latest update but part way through the update it decided to fail and try to uninstall the updateNow I have no access to the internet and any troubleshooting methodsAnyone have any ideas?...
  7. No internet following failed update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. wasted internet due to fail media tool creation

wasted internet due to fail media tool creation: i tried to make my pen drive bootable for windows 11 but it just wasted my internet and did not make it bootable useless https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wasted-internet-due-to-fail-media-tool-creation/98b91bcd-465d-423d-83a6-53eabf971224
  9. wasted internet due to fail media tool creation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wasted internet due to fail media tool creation: i tried to make my pen drive bootable for windows 11 but it just wasted my internet and did not make it bootable useless https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wasted-internet-due-to-fail-media-tool-creation/98b91bcd-465d-423d-83a6-53eabf971224
  10. No sound due to Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound due to Windows 10 Update: [ATTACH] Hi.I had the same issue before but did a recovery to an earlier state of my PC. Now I had a update once more (automatically) and this is the second time I have no audio again. Is it due to the 1903 Version Update? (Edit: Updated to 1909 now, still no audio). All...