Windows 10: NO SOUND OUPUT following successful windows 10 update 2004 update

Discus and support NO SOUND OUPUT following successful windows 10 update 2004 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have no sound capability update following applying the Windows 10 2004 x64 update to my pc yesterday. Any suggestions of strategies I might take to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nizzler, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Nizzler Win User

NO SOUND OUPUT following successful windows 10 update 2004 update

I have no sound capability update following applying the Windows 10 2004 x64 update to my pc yesterday. Any suggestions of strategies I might take to resolve this? Reversing the update is not an option. Thanks.

:)

Nizzler, Sep 18, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 18, 2020
  3. xkm1948 Win User
    Advice For People wishing to update to Windows 10 Redstone

Yep. Tried to update my Realtek sound driver to the lastest version. After that I can't even use the Realtek sound control panel any more. It is now blocked. Seems M$ is determined to force users to swallow their automated driver update system.

f*u*c*k this. One step forward two steps backward.

xkm1948, Sep 18, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

1. NO SOUND OUPUT following successful windows 10 update 2004 update - Similar Threads - SOUND OUPUT following

2. System Restore could not complete successfully error message following sound card driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore could not complete successfully error message following sound card driver update: Using Apollo Twin X for audio interface. Downloaded current driver, got blue screen. Had to restart my PC a few times because it wouldn't load Windows. I was finally able to log in but when I tried to revert back before the driver update using system restore I got an error...
  3. System Restore could not complete successfully error message following sound card driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore could not complete successfully error message following sound card driver update: Using Apollo Twin X for audio interface. Downloaded current driver, got blue screen. Had to restart my PC a few times because it wouldn't load Windows. I was finally able to log in but when I tried to revert back before the driver update using system restore I got an error...
  4. System Restore could not complete successfully error message following sound card driver update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No audio ouput

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio ouput: I installed Winzip Driver Update and now I have no sound. It says "No audio ouput device installed". When I go into my settings in says it was updated. How do I fix this issue?...
  6. No sound after windows 10 update version 2004

No sound after windows 10 update version 2004: Did anyone experience the same issue here, which is laptop no sound at all after the latest windows 10 updates version 2004. There is an issue with the Realtek driver I think. I will just wait for October patch and update it once again? Should I skip the 2004 update and...
  7. No Sound Detected after update windows 10 version 2004

No Sound Detected after update windows 10 version 2004: Hello I had a problem after updating to the 2004 version After the update, it no longer finds the Realtek sound card, as if it is not connected at all While the laptop sound card is on the board I tried to fix this problem manually by installing the latest version of the...
  8. 2004 Update Kills NVIDIA Sound

2004 Update Kills NVIDIA Sound: I installed the 2004 / 20H1 feature update a couple of days ago. I now have NO sound from my computer. Device Manager shows a driver error on "NVIDIA High Definition Audio." The solution when I have encountered this in the past was to roll back the driver, but now that option...
  9. no sound ouput

no sound ouput: My laptop speakers sound output is not working, neither the speaker nor any handsfree, Bluetooth device giving sound output. Tried all the options like driver update and other settings options. how to fix this....
  10. Cannot successfully update Windows 10

Cannot successfully update Windows 10: Windows update status seems to be stuck on "An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready yet. We'll keep trying or you can try again now." The quality update history shows that installation of 2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for...