Windows 10: No sound output after updating Windows 10? Help!!

Discus and support No sound output after updating Windows 10? Help!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Updated my Windows a few weeks ago and since then I've been getting no sound output from my speakers icon in the bottom bar has a red X over it. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CYIN9, Mar 23, 2020.

1. CYIN9 Win User

No sound output after updating Windows 10? Help!!

Updated my Windows a few weeks ago and since then I've been getting no sound output from my speakers icon in the bottom bar has a red X over it.

When I run the troubleshooter it tells me that the Realtek High Definition Audio driver has a problem, and then says that it's fixed when it's obviously not.

I've already tried uninstalling and updating the driver software in the Devices settings but that did not fix the issue either.

When I go into Services.msc I see that Realtek Audio Universal Service is "Running" with Automatic start up. However, Windows Audio does not have a status. When I try to start it, I get the error message "Windows could not start the Windows Audio Service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly". I suspect this is the main issue.

Really hoping you guys can help since I use my computer for a lot of music and video streaming so I've basically lost most of my functionality.

FYI I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 330S running Windows 64-bit.

:)

CYIN9, Mar 23, 2020

2. window10 sound problems - I need help can you help me do that to fix the sound.

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• What all the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolved the issue?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing with sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Suman_B Win User

No Audio output after Windows update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know the make and the model of the computer?
    2. When you say "Microsoft windows update has blocked my audio output device from working" are you not able to get Audio from your computer
    3. Which update was installed?

I suggest you to refer this article to Fix sound problems in Windows

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

1. No sound output after updating Windows 10? Help!! - Similar Threads - sound output updating

2. Need Help troubleshooting sound output problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need Help troubleshooting sound output problems: So when I have my headphones plugged in, no sound is outputted. I know the port is detecting my headphones because I can still use the built-in mic. It works, but for some reason, I don't hear any sound. I don't know the reason. I've checked to see if it was disabled, but it...
  3. No sound output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound output: My daughter decided to clean up my computer, what has she deleted causing no sound output? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-output/87c854d3-ae30-4808-b62d-b6c7fc3a90ef
  4. No output sound devices on system after updates?

No output sound devices on system after updates?: What happened to the Audio Driver after the Windows update 10. I am unsure how to reinstall the Realtek Audio? I think? Says there is no output devices installed?...
  5. no sound output

no sound output: Hello, I just noticed that I have no sound output from my speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-output/aa0543cf-7e4e-420b-beea-c4c424a08bd3
  6. Window sound input/output issue-plz help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window sound input/output issue-plz help: Hi! Can anyone help me fix the sound settings? Even when I connect my headphones to my computer, I have to manually change the output device in the settings to hear any sounds from my headphone. Is there any way that my computer can automatically change the input/output...
  7. NO SOUND OUTPUT DETECTED WINDOW 10

NO SOUND OUTPUT DETECTED WINDOW 10: I am unable to hear audio as it shows no audio output detected and I tried with every available speaker like headphone,tv ,smart speaker it always show no audio output detected I EVEN UPDATED THE DRIVER ALSO REINSTALLED THEM AND STILL NT HELPFUL I don't have Bluetooth in...
  8. Sound output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound output: My sound stopped and system cannot find the Realtek audio output so I can enable it. Microphone input is visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-output/a2d0aa78-30f1-49bc-a175-884d7d409a2f
  9. No Sound Output

No Sound Output: Hi, I've been experiencing sound issues with my ASUS laptop on Windows 10. Everytime I plug in an earphone or speaker via the audio jack, the computer detects and asks what I've just plugged in but upon selecting the device, there is no sound output. Music continues to play...
  10. no sound after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no sound after windows 10 update: i updated my windows 10 today and my sound is gone. I followed the instructions on the no sound fix page and uninstalled my sound device and my pc did not reinstall it. What do I do now?...