Windows 10: No Sound Output

Discus and support No Sound Output in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been experiencing sound issues with my ASUS laptop on Windows 10. Everytime I plug in an earphone or speaker via the audio jack, the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MatthewKang3, Jul 8, 2019.

1. No Sound Output

Hi, I've been experiencing sound issues with my ASUS laptop on Windows 10. Everytime I plug in an earphone or speaker via the audio jack, the computer detects and asks what I've just plugged in but upon selecting the device, there is no sound output. Music continues to play from laptop speakers.

I've tried all the troubleshooting advise out there like rolling back driver or updating the audio driver and nothing works. Desperate for help! Thank you.

:)

MatthewKang3, Jul 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 audio stutters regardless of driver or output used, more noticeable on the toslink and surround sound.

• What device are you using? A laptop or a computer?
    • Its a desktop, i listed the components in the original post.
    • Do you have an external speaker?From which device does the sound come out from? From the TV or from the device?
    • I listed the outputs in the original post. The issue exists on all outputs and exists on the tv speakers, surround sound speakers, and headset.
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • I have listed the troubleshooting steps that i can remember in the original post.

robert.r.hood, Jul 8, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No Sound Output :p

cadaveca, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

No Sound Output

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

No Sound Output

1. No Sound Output - Similar Threads - Sound Output

2. so sound from soundbar, screen speakers only outputting at 30 dB ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    so sound from soundbar, screen speakers only outputting at 30 dB ???: windows 10 can't play sound through Visio 29" sound bar, Windows keeps calling speaker headphones and there is no sound ????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-sound-from-soundbar-screen-speakers-only/5dd02f21-e732-4599-9379-e2180d1a55fe
  3. My speakers are not listed as a sound output device, how do I make it my default sound...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My speakers are not listed as a sound output device, how do I make it my default sound...: This problem all started right after I did this pc reset operation. The funny thing is that after doing this operation it fixed this mail issue problem I had for a very long time but then this current problem is now the issue. When I go to the settings page for sound, I see...
  4. Sound keeps playing from same output device even after changing default device

Sound keeps playing from same output device even after changing default device: After a Windows update last fall I have had issues with switching between my USB headphones and my desktop speakers, and the only way to get the sound output to change is by disabling one or the other. When both devices are enabled I can hear sound when moving the volume...
  5. Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's: #1 Hello, Im trying to output my PC sound to my dual monitor setup (HP VH240a x2) I've tried enabling the stereo mixer in windows and replaying to the second monitor and even used a direct audio jack instead but nothing. Also, I tried NVIDIA's Control Panel and enabled...
  6. After an update the sound device is out. No audio output device is installed is the message.

After an update the sound device is out. No audio output device is installed is the message.: There is no response for audio after the last upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-an-update-the-sound-device-is-out-no-audio/48c36e5b-2826-4431-ad55-7a973f6399ea
  7. Sound output device will now randomly disappear

Sound output device will now randomly disappear: At random times (not on startup or anything, just while the computer is on at random times) the default sound output device will disappear, and I notice this happens in the moment because I suddenly have no sound. It gets fixed by going into sound settings, troubleshooting,...
  8. Windows Game Bar - how to record sound output from the game but NOT ambient sound from the...

Windows Game Bar - how to record sound output from the game but NOT ambient sound from the...: Hi, There MUST be a way to do this because I had it working for about one day and then it mysteriously stopped. As it stands, when I start recording gameplay, the sound seems to be picked up by the built-in mic in the PC, which means it is recording both the game sound...
  9. How to prevent Windows 10 updates? It breaks my sound output

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to prevent Windows 10 updates? It breaks my sound output: Hello. I'm using Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299] I don't remember in what year it was actual but I guess about 2017. Since that time I always revert windows updates back or find information on the internet about pausing such updates. But as I...
  10. Headphones outputting sound, yet Windows doesn't recognize them

Headphones outputting sound, yet Windows doesn't recognize them: Hi, I've been having trouble with sound. After a period of no sound, if I try to start sound again, there's about a 2-4 second delay before the sound starts. And it doesn't start from the beginning, its like it was muted until it started. I've tried updating my drivers and...