Windows 10: no sound output

Discus and support no sound output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just noticed that I have no sound output from my speakers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardTerragno, Feb 3, 2021.

1. no sound output

Hello, I just noticed that I have no sound output from my speakers.

:)

RichardTerragno, Feb 3, 2021

2. Windows 10 audio stutters regardless of driver or output used, more noticeable on the toslink and surround sound.

• What device are you using? A laptop or a computer?
    • Its a desktop, i listed the components in the original post.
    • Do you have an external speaker?From which device does the sound come out from? From the TV or from the device?
    • I listed the outputs in the original post. The issue exists on all outputs and exists on the tv speakers, surround sound speakers, and headset.
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • I have listed the troubleshooting steps that i can remember in the original post.

robert.r.hood, Feb 3, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue no sound output :p

cadaveca, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

no sound output

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

no sound output

1. no sound output - Similar Threads - sound output

2. Output to multiple sound devices not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Output to multiple sound devices not working: Hello.I have two Bluetooth devices connected to my laptop.I want to output my laptop sounds from both devices simultaneously.I followed the instructions I found here setting up the first device, then going to the Stereo mix input device, enabling the "Listen to this device"...
  3. no output jack for sound audio on zenbook laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no output jack for sound audio on zenbook laptop?: ugh...how do you listen to get audio output to pair with bluet tooth and a JBL charge 4, with my zenbook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-output-jack-for-sound-audio-on-zenbook-laptop/f5b144de-1957-4e99-a0d5-2ae5010bb325
  4. Problem with Windows 10 ver. 21H1 -- all audio input/output devices missing in Sound...

Problem with Windows 10 ver. 21H1 -- all audio input/output devices missing in Sound...: For 2-3 days, I am getting no sound at all from my several audio devices/Windows computer here - I have TWO monitors with HDMI audio, plus headphones jack connected to motherboard audio card. I was able to fix it one time by doing lots of tinkering in Device Manager, but I am...
  5. Need Help troubleshooting sound output problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need Help troubleshooting sound output problems: So when I have my headphones plugged in, no sound is outputted. I know the port is detecting my headphones because I can still use the built-in mic. It works, but for some reason, I don't hear any sound. I don't know the reason. I've checked to see if it was disabled, but it...
  6. Can I connect my Sonos sound bar to my PC for sound input and output?

Can I connect my Sonos sound bar to my PC for sound input and output?: I would like to connect my Sonos sound bar to Windows 10 and use it instead of speakers. Is that possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-connect-my-sonos-sound-bar-to-my-pc-for/3fa2b572-f936-4dc9-9ea2-4d19325da118
  7. How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10: When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or other audio devices to your PC, you can select which device you want to use by default. In this post, we will show you how to change default Sound Output Device in Windows 10. Change Default Sound Output Device We...
  8. How to Enable or Disable Sound Output Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Sound Output Device in Windows 10: In Windows 10, the default audio output device is the device that Windows uses to play sound – this can be speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or other audio devices connected or built-in to the PC. In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable Sound Output...
  9. No Output/Input Devices are showing in my Sound Device Settings - help!

No Output/Input Devices are showing in my Sound Device Settings - help!: My mic is no longer working and when I looked at the settings, there are no devices shown. Can anyone help walk me through re-installing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-outputinput-devices-are-showing-in-my-sound/bb7cb2f0-a384-43a1-99f8-86241472b969
  10. Sounds Issues - Not switching between different outputs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sounds Issues - Not switching between different outputs: Hello all, I left the Windows world in 2015 and switched over to Mac (:insert hiss:). Fast forward to last month and I recently had a custom PC built. Loving it so far except minor issues that I've been unable to solve. For example, my sound does not switch from my headset...