Windows 10: No sound output

Discus and support No sound output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My daughter decided to clean up my computer, what has she deleted causing no sound output?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JuneCorbett, Mar 22, 2021.

1. No sound output

My daughter decided to clean up my computer, what has she deleted causing no sound output?

:)

JuneCorbett, Mar 22, 2021

2. Windows 10 audio stutters regardless of driver or output used, more noticeable on the toslink and surround sound.

• What device are you using? A laptop or a computer?
    • Its a desktop, i listed the components in the original post.
    • Do you have an external speaker?From which device does the sound come out from? From the TV or from the device?
    • I listed the outputs in the original post. The issue exists on all outputs and exists on the tv speakers, surround sound speakers, and headset.
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • I have listed the troubleshooting steps that i can remember in the original post.

robert.r.hood, Mar 22, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound output :p

cadaveca, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

No sound output

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

No sound output

1. No sound output - Similar Threads - sound output

2. default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  3. default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  4. Input and output sound when I laugh games or exit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input and output sound when I laugh games or exit: Every time I enter or exit the games there is always input and output sound and while the sound is active the screen freezes for a while which is very annoying. I tried every possible solution but it was the same every time....
  5. Input and output sound when I laugh games or exit

Input and output sound when I laugh games or exit: Every time I enter or exit the games there is always input and output sound and while the sound is active the screen freezes for a while which is very annoying. I tried every possible solution but it was the same every time....
  6. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell command upates are all current so what do I do?...
  7. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell upates are all current so what do I do?...
  8. sound output not showing in windows 11 sound taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound output not showing in windows 11 sound taskbar: Yeah so I need help with this, I cannot see my audio devices in the sound taskbar. I have to go to settings to change my sound devices. It is annoying. Can someone please help me?...
  9. sound output not showing in windows 11 sound taskbar

sound output not showing in windows 11 sound taskbar: Yeah so I need help with this, I cannot see my audio devices in the sound taskbar. I have to go to settings to change my sound devices. It is annoying. Can someone please help me?...
  10. Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Driver installed but no sound output/input - No audio device found - Lenovo: My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen using Window 10. The original audio driver is IntelR Display Audio with device status: "This device is working properly" in properties. However, there is "no output/input device found" in the sound settings and the headphone jack...