Windows 10: No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager

Discus and support No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Asus ROG Trix with Win 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1803. Yesterday at shutdown, I had sound from various sources - for example, YouTube. Today I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OldGrantonian, Oct 12, 2018.

1. No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager

I have Asus ROG Trix with Win 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1803.

Yesterday at shutdown, I had sound from various sources - for example, YouTube. Today I have no sound from any source.

When I looked in Device Manager, the entry for Realtek has disappeared. That entry was present approximately one week ago when I disabled and re-enabled the driver to cure no sound in YouTube.

Any advice?

Thanks.

:)

OldGrantonian, Oct 12, 2018
  2. borgus Win User

Device Manager "other" entries

After a fresh W10 1703 fully updated install on a 3148 Inspiron laptop, four OTHER DEVICES appear in Device Manager: PCI Data Aqquisition and Signal Processing Controller and three 'unknown devices.' "Drivers not installed; no compatible driver can be found."

Prior to this install several Intel drivers were listed under Programs and Features. likely because they were added after the fact. They are not listed now and Intel's update utility reports nothing missing. SFC is good and PC operation is normal.

The errant entries are redetected at boot even if disabled, or uninstalled via Safe Mode. Suggestions on banishing them for good would be appreciated.

borgus, Oct 12, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Oct 12, 2018
  4. No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager

5.1 not working and Realtek Device Manager is missing

It is suggested by some for you to open your task manager, and see if Realtek HD Audio Manager is listed on boot on startup

Like so:
    No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager [​IMG]

Have you tried this obvious fix?

janeythegeek, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager

1. No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager - Similar Threads - sound Realtek entry

2. Realtek R Audio missing in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek R Audio missing in device manager: My realtekR audio driver gone missing after i miss install another audio driver and the new driver didnt function at all. After i uninstall the wrong one, the realtekR audio did not appear again in my device manager. I try to find it but it gone missing. I've tried to add...
  3. Realtek R Audio missing in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek R Audio missing in device manager: My realtekR audio driver gone missing after i miss install another audio driver and the new driver didnt function at all. After i uninstall the wrong one, the realtekR audio did not appear again in my device manager. I try to find it but it gone missing. I've tried to add...
  4. Realtek R Audio missing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek device missing from device manager. Cannot install new Realtek drivers to download...

Realtek device missing from device manager. Cannot install new Realtek drivers to download...: Since Windows 10 version 1909 I have run into the issue of being unable to install the update due to my current Realtek Bluetooth audio drivers being out of date. In my efforts to solve this issue, I found that Microsoft had a step by step explanation on how to fix this via...
  6. No sound or realtek option in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound or realtek option in device manager: Hello, yesterday everything was working fine with my pc. Today, I have no sound coming from my headset. I really don't know what went wrong, but now realtek is no longer to be found in audio options or device manager, and I my headset doesnt seem to be registered when I plug...
  7. Headphones device missing from "Playback Devices" and Device Manager after Realtek driver...

Headphones device missing from "Playback Devices" and Device Manager after Realtek driver...: I have an an odd situation. All my audio devices show up correctly in my device list when I'm using the Windows default High Definition Audio device Drivers. However once I install the Realtek drivers, my headphone device disappears. It's not hidden, lurking or otherwise -...
  8. Realtek sound missing

Realtek sound missing: My Realtek sound was working properly then the computer with Windows 10 crashed for no reason. When restarted the Realtek Audio output device not installed message came up in the task bar. Tried downloading drivers but to no avail....
  9. No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound. Realtek entry is missing from Device Manager: I have Asus ROG Trix with Win 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1803. Yesterday at shutdown, I had sound from various sources - for example, YouTube. Today I have no sound from any source. When I looked in Device Manager, the entry for Realtek has disappeared. That entry was present...
  10. 5.1 not working and Realtek Device Manager is missing

5.1 not working and Realtek Device Manager is missing: Hello, Surround sound does not work outside of the speaker configuration window were you can test,there it works,in any other application it does not. Now I don't know if it's related to the second issue that the Realtek manager is missing. I have tried updating,...