Windows 10: no sound, red X on sound icon

Discus and support no sound, red X on sound icon in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I wanted to watch a video on my PC but there was no sound with a red circle with “X” on sound icon. I couldn’t turn the sound on. Troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MandyColeman, Dec 26, 2018.

1. no sound, red X on sound icon

I wanted to watch a video on my PC but there was no sound with a red circle with “X” on sound icon. I couldn’t turn the sound on. Troubleshooting couldn’t detect a problem.

:)

MandyColeman, Dec 26, 2018

2. Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar

Hello Kaitlyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The red X on the sound icons indicates that the drivers are missing.
    Let’s try a few steps to fix the issue. Refer the article
    Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 26, 2018
  3. JaneDowns Win User
    my sound icon has a red x and i have no sound

no sound the icon has a red x on it

JaneDowns, Dec 26, 2018
  4. no sound, red X on sound icon

Unable to turn on the sound, red cross next to sound icon

1. Which version of Windows are you running?

2. Which version of Internet Explorer or other browser?

3. Does "sound icon" refer to the sound icon on the Windows Taskbar?

Don

Don Varnau, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

no sound, red X on sound icon

1. no sound, red X on sound icon - Similar Threads - sound red sound

2. My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works: My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works. I have a Philips PHL 23V7 monitor connected to my W10 Pro PC via the HDMI. I have a pair of speakers connected directly to the monitor.The behaviou of the ICON has changed. Previously I could immediately change the...
  3. Red x on speaker - tried everything but no sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red x on speaker - tried everything but no sound: I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with Windows 10. I have done everything. I have used the trouble shooter. I have uninstalled all drivers and devices. I am unable to uninstall past updates. I have contacted Acer and they can't help any more. Only thing I haven't done is reformat...
  4. no sound red cross by speaker icon

no sound red cross by speaker icon: I have no sound, getting no output devices connected. I have tried all trouble shootin tips nothing works. I have same problem on windows 7 pc. They both failed at the same time...
  5. Red x on sound icon, Sound driver hardware not connected Issue 45

Red x on sound icon, Sound driver hardware not connected Issue 45: One day my sound just stopped working. A red x appeared on the sound icon bottom right, where you would usually click to change the volume and sound doesn't work. When I click on it, the troubleshooter appears. It says that it needs to restart to reinstall drivers, but...
  6. No sound and a red cross against the sound icon. Windows 10.

No sound and a red cross against the sound icon. Windows 10.: I have a 'no audio driver installed' message after a reset in windows 10. Lots of websites offering audio drivers, that I am unwilling to trust. So Is there away of getting audio drivers from MS, and is Driver Talent a reliable download to overcome my problem? Many...
  7. My Audio icon has a red X and no sound

My Audio icon has a red X and no sound: Dear everyone, I am writing to you on behalf of Sound Problem in device. My laptop band is Asus, it is so old 3-4 years. I have just updated win 10, it isn't activated. My Audio icon has a red X and no sound. I saw many webs and solutions but It was not effective. It...
  8. Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar

Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar: I got on my laptop a minute ago to watch a video and I realized that there is a red circle with an "x" next to it but when I try to turn the sound up nothing happens. When I click on the sound icon it says troubleshoot could not detect a problem. What do I do I do to fix my...
  9. Red "X" on the sound icon.

Red "X" on the sound icon.: So i have tried everything from here to remove the "X" https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/4-ways-to-fix-red-x-on-volume-icon/ Including re-installing the realtek drivers. The windows troubleshooter is not working either. So i am completely blank at this moment. So if theres...
  10. Red X over speaker icon and no sound after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red X over speaker icon and no sound after Windows 10 update: I woke up to my computer having updated itself, and also to there being no sound. If I go to the properties it says "no audio devices are installed"; the troubleshooter doesn't find anything wrong. I've spent an hour trying different things to fix it (I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound icon has x on it

2. Red x sound

3. red x on sound icon

4. red x on sound