Windows 10: No sound running Linux Live USB on Win 10 computer.

Discus and support No sound running Linux Live USB on Win 10 computer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I created a Live LinuxMint-20 USB and ran it on my Windows 10 computer. It worked except...... no sound. The Sound icon at the "system tray" shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by davidhk, Nov 13, 2020.

1. davidhk Win User

No sound running Linux Live USB on Win 10 computer.

I created a Live LinuxMint-20 USB and ran it on my Windows 10 computer.
    It worked except...... no sound.
    The Sound icon at the "system tray" shows 100%, but I got no sound playing you-tube music.
    Please help.
    P.S. I am an absolute beginner in Linux. I know nothing.
    I was advised to post at General Support forum. If wrong forum, I apologise.

No sound running Linux Live USB on Win 10 computer. [​IMG]

:)

davidhk, Nov 13, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Running Win 10 as a 'Live' OS from a USB stick.

Here's a question.

With Linux, you can download an image to a USB stick and run the OS off the USB - a so-called 'live' session - i.e. you don't need to install anything.

You switch the machine off and pull the USB stick and your PC is back to how it was before - presumably running Windows.

Is there a way of doing this with Windows??

Would like to run Windows 10 on my daughter's 12-year-old desktop so that she can see what Win 10 is like before potentially adopting it. The PC in question originally shipped with Vista and was then upgraded to Win 7.

I'm guessing this is possible??

Cheers,

Art

ArthurDent, Nov 13, 2020
  4. Steeboo Win User

Running LINUX on Win 10

I am trying to find a way to run LINUX on my Win 10 laptop - only within Win 10 itself

Rather than dual booting ..... using another partition - but have forgotten the name of the software

I believe that there is third party freeware to allow this ?

Steeboo, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

1. No sound running Linux Live USB on Win 10 computer. - Similar Threads - sound running Linux

2. Usb not Formatting After Live Booting Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb not Formatting After Live Booting Linux: installed a Linux live boot on my USB drive. After I finished using it, I booted back into Windows 10 To format the USB drive to try another operating system. I used DiskPart for this, but I encountered an error that I haven't been able to resolveif the image dose not Load...
  3. Usb not Formatting After Live Booting Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb not Formatting After Live Booting Linux: installed a Linux live boot on my USB drive. After I finished using it, I booted back into Windows 10 To format the USB drive to try another operating system. I used DiskPart for this, but I encountered an error that I haven't been able to resolveif the image dose not Load...
  4. Usb not Formatting After Live Booting Linux

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Win 10 USB install Fails, Linux has no problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 USB install Fails, Linux has no problem: This one is driving me bonkers. With a USB drive, Win 20 blue screens with a Critical error 0xc000021a as it's loading the files from the USB and before it displays the Windows logo. Ubuntu and ClearLinux installed without a hitch. I have tried the following Changed Memory...
  6. Running Win 10 as a 'Live' OS from a USB stick.

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Win 10 as a 'Live' OS from a USB stick.: Here's a question. With Linux, you can download an image to a USB stick and run the OS off the USB - a so-called 'live' session - i.e. you don't need to install anything. You switch the machine off and pull the USB stick and your PC is back to how it was before - presumably...
  7. linux to win 10

linux to win 10: I have a lenovo T400 running on fedora o/s. I want to install win 10 which i have on a usb. My computer boots from the usb and i get from setup through to 'gathering files, updates and finishing up" then it starts all over again with setup. To me this means windows has not...
  8. Running LINUX on Win 10

Running LINUX on Win 10: I am trying to find a way to run LINUX on my Win 10 laptop - only within Win 10 itself Rather than dual booting ..... using another partition - but have forgotten the name of the software I believe that there is third party freeware to allow this ?...
  9. Can we create live usb of windows 10 like Linux.....?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can we create live usb of windows 10 like Linux.....?: submitted by /u/mr_whoisGAMER [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ed8a9r/can_we_create_live_usb_of_windows_10_like_linux/
  10. My computer will run Linux from USB, but not Windows 10. Why?

My computer will run Linux from USB, but not Windows 10. Why?: I wiped the hard drive on my laptop, and now I'm trying to install Windows 10. However, when I attach a bootable Windows 10 USB, I'm told "no boot device found." Here's what I've checked: 1. The USB port is working. I can use it to boot Ubuntu. 2. The Windows USB drive...