Windows 10: no sound since i updated win 10

Discus and support no sound since i updated win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; no sounds since I downloaded win 10 very upsetting,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ruthwilhite1, Nov 11, 2018.

1. no sound since i updated win 10

no sounds since I downloaded win 10

very upsetting,

:)

ruthwilhite1, Nov 11, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue no sound since i updated win 10 :p

cadaveca, Nov 11, 2018
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 11, 2018
  4. no sound since i updated win 10

Losing sound Win 10 x64

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re having issue with sound, I will make sure to help you with this issue.

This issue may occur due to damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your
    sound card.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the volume icon which is on bottom right corner.
    • Click on playback devices and highlight speakers.
    • Then below click on properties.
    • And then click on Advanced Tab and below click on
      Restore to default
    • And then Apply and click on
      OK
    If the issue still persist then I would suggest you to follow the steps from the below link:

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps are given for Windows 8.1 but same applies to Windows 10 as well)

Method 2 : Uninstall sound adapter driver from the Device Manager, restart the computer and check if that helps you.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Sound, video and game controller, expand it, right click on the
      sound device and select Uninstall.
    Restart the computer after the successful
    uninstallation of sound Device.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

no sound since i updated win 10

1. no sound since i updated win 10 - Similar Threads - sound since updated

2. Sound crackling since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound crackling since update: Hi, my sound is crackling. Realtek high definition audio windows 10It temporarily fixes if I disable sound effects, toggle immediate mode, toggle spatial sound. This seems to have no particular pattern, just changing a setting seems to temp fix.I've run windows updatesI've...
  3. "Audio device not found", no sound since the last Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Audio device not found", no sound since the last Win 10 update: I lost my audio with the latest WIN10 update on my Lenovo PC. The speakers are very old Altec Lansing ACS41. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc with no difference. Any other suggestions?...
  4. "Audio device not found", no sound since the last Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Audio device not found", no sound since the last Win 10 update: I lost my audio with the latest WIN10 update on my Lenovo PC. The speakers are very old Altec Lansing ACS41. They worked fine before the update. I checked all the plugs etc with no difference. Any other suggestions?...
  5. "Audio device not found", no sound since the last Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. "Audio device not found", no sound since Nov 10 Win 10 update

"Audio device not found", no sound since Nov 10 Win 10 update: I lost my audio with the most recent WIN10 update on my Lenovo PC. Speakers are very old and very great sounding Altec Lansing ACS41 sold as Gateway 2000s. Were working fine prior to the update. Checked all plugs, etc - no difference Did automatic audio troubleshooter - no...
  7. sound problems since update

sound problems since update: Since the most recent update, I am having problems with sound and microphone. I finally have the microphone working, but now the speaker is not working. I had a very high pitch echo when the mic wasn't not functional. That is gone. I've gone through all of the settings...
  8. Distorted Sound since updating to Win 10 Home

Distorted Sound since updating to Win 10 Home: I updated from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Home last month. Since that time my sound is distorted and I have followed all of the recommended "fixes" Current version I am on in 1909. I have uninstalled drivers on my sound card and allowed the drivers to be reloaded but still have...
  9. no sound since update

no sound since update: I just had a windows 10 update and now I have no sound . please help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-since-update/4ee37776-dc86-4597-9987-505b954be8b7
  10. No sound since Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound since Windows 10 update.: I have no sound since Windows 10 update. I have tried uninstalling ads reinstalling the sound drivers. Nothing has worked. Do I need RealTek audio sound drivers?...