Windows 10: No Sound Since Recent Windows Update

Discus and support No Sound Since Recent Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; No sound on laptop since recent Windows update last night. This is the second time this has happened. The last time was a year or so ago and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoyDavis1, Oct 11, 2018.

1. JoyDavis1 Win User

No Sound Since Recent Windows Update

No sound on laptop since recent Windows update last night. This is the second time this has happened. The last time was a year or so ago and I brought my laptop to the store I purchased it from as it was a recent purchase. They fixed it. This time I am trying to fix the problem.

At this time, I have tried all the recommendations posted. I have restored to prior to the update and that did not work. I have looked in the control panel and this tells me there are No Audio Devices Installed and the Show Disabled Devices box is checked when I right click.

Can somebody please help?

I DON'T KNOW WHY I AM HAVING THIS ISSUE WITH AN UPDATE AND I STRONGLY FEEL THAT MICROSOFT SHOULD MAKE A CORRECTION AS THIS SEEMS TO BE A COMMON ISSUE WITH YOUR UPDATES.

:)

JoyDavis1, Oct 11, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No Sound Since Recent Windows Update :p

cadaveca, Oct 11, 2018
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 11, 2018
  4. jds63 Win User

Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound

What kind of speakers do you use and meaning it killed your speakers ? Maybe speaker connection is an issue, but most likely something with sound device settings or drivers. What exact steps have you tried. Anyone of filling in system specs here or listing them as it helps us more to help you.

jds63, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. No Sound Since Recent Windows Update - Similar Threads - Sound Since Recent

2. No windows updates since 2020? Error on recent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No windows updates since 2020? Error on recent: I have windows 10 Home 2019 and except for security updates, I have never recieved an update. I keep getting this error 0x80070246. How to fix it?...
  3. No windows updates since 2020? Error on recent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No windows updates since 2020? Error on recent: I have windows 10 Home 2019 and except for security updates, I have never recieved an update. I keep getting this error 0x80070246. How to fix it?...
  4. No windows updates since 2020? Error on recent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Sound crackling since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound crackling since update: Hi, my sound is crackling. Realtek high definition audio windows 10It temporarily fixes if I disable sound effects, toggle immediate mode, toggle spatial sound. This seems to have no particular pattern, just changing a setting seems to temp fix.I've run windows updatesI've...
  6. Display issues since recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display issues since recent update: Recently updated on 9/26/2020 to OS build 19041.508. Since the update when I hover over an icon, increase/decrease volume the screen goes black, the color is also fluctuating, from cooler to warmer. I typically have my color setting set to warmer when plugged in to power. Not...
  7. sound problems since update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound problems since update: Since the most recent update, I am having problems with sound and microphone. I finally have the microphone working, but now the speaker is not working. I had a very high pitch echo when the mic wasn't not functional. That is gone. I've gone through all of the settings...
  8. no sound since update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound since update: I just had a windows 10 update and now I have no sound . please help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-since-update/4ee37776-dc86-4597-9987-505b954be8b7
  9. Poor contrast since the recent Windows update

Poor contrast since the recent Windows update: Can anyone help me because since I updated my laptop about a week ago, the contrast has been really poor and it's difficult to see the boundaries on boxes etc. Does anyone have a solution?...
  10. No sound since Windows 10 update.

No sound since Windows 10 update.: I have no sound since Windows 10 update. I have tried uninstalling ads reinstalling the sound drivers. Nothing has worked. Do I need RealTek audio sound drivers?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recent windows update audio

2. since windows update no audio