Windows 10: No Sound the normal way via input jack

Discus and support No Sound the normal way via input jack in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When attempting to use speakers I have no sound via female input jack (I used to have it). I do get sound via USB adapter that accepts speaker male... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnDoDo, Feb 20, 2019.

1. JohnDoDo Win User

No Sound the normal way via input jack

When attempting to use speakers I have no sound via female input jack (I used to have it). I do get sound via USB adapter that accepts speaker male jack. This happened after an update auto install would not let me boot and ultimately I had to do a reset. I have done all the normal things, troubleshoot, device manager, uninstall reinstall drivers, C: command scans, reinstall Windows 10, nothing works and the problem persists, Any ideas?

:)

JohnDoDo, Feb 20, 2019

2. sound input via jack

I am trying to record sound from my phone via a jack to jack input to Windows 10 with RealTec Hi Def sound. I can record from a headset plugged into the jack and from the buil-in microphone. Am not able to get any recording jack to jack other than a loud
    feed back sound. Is there any suggestion to solve this problem? thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AlanChanning, Feb 20, 2019
  3. sound input via jack

Here are my answers:

• Were you able to record sound with this type of setup before? YES
    • Did you make any system setting changes prior to the issue? YES. Installed Win 10.
    • What specific error message are you getting? Microphone, Realtek High Definition Audio, Not Plugged In, even with a decive plugged in.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Ran Troubleshooter. Driver is current. Tested with headset which records sound but lots of ambient noise. Attempted to switch Default from Microphone Array to Jack - no
      success.
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 PC? Win 10 Pro Ver 1703. OS Build 15063.540

thanks, Alan

AlanChanning, Feb 20, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No Sound the normal way via input jack :p

cadaveca, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. No Sound the normal way via input jack - Similar Threads - Sound normal via

2. 3.5mm jack input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3.5mm jack input: I have a Rampage RM-K26 3.5mm jack earphone. which works but I can't see it as a different device. Instead it changes audio output to my earphones while not changing default audio input device. So it still uses my laptop's in-built microphone as audio input device I can hear...
  3. 3.5mm jack input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3.5mm jack input: I have a Rampage RM-K26 3.5mm jack earphone. which works but I can't see it as a different device. Instead it changes audio output to my earphones while not changing default audio input device. So it still uses my laptop's in-built microphone as audio input device I can hear...
  4. Using the output jack as a mono input

Using the output jack as a mono input: Is there a driver that exists that will allow the headphone output jack to be switched to take an input signal? this would be similar to an audio interface taking in a microphone signal and allowing for it to be recorded into a DAW. I Know mac used to allow this feature. It...
  5. Audio Jack playing pc sounds into mic input even with mic muted

Audio Jack playing pc sounds into mic input even with mic muted: I have a dell g7 laptop that has one 3.5 audio jack installed. I bought a corsair headset with a 3.5 jack on it, when I plugged it in my computer asked what type of device it was and i selected headset with mic. Everything works with output sound into my headset but with the...
  6. No Sound Input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound Input: Hello,I recently updated my laptop to the newest version of windows 10. Since then my sound has not worked. My laptop has built in speakers which until recently worked fine.It tells me there are no speaks or headphones plugged in. I have tried uninstalling drives, updating...
  7. Live Stream Using Midi Input or Input Jack

Live Stream Using Midi Input or Input Jack: Hi I'm trying to set up my computer so I can Live-stream me playing music, BUT! I cant get any audio in. I have a Tascam us-144 audio interface that has a USB Midi Output that I can put to my computer. I Updated It's Driver and Firmware so it would work. But when I go to...
  8. no sound on output jack

no sound on output jack: I get sound out of my internal speakers, but no sound when I plug ear phones into the output jack. I've got a new HP laptop model - 17-BY1053DX with Windows 10. Thanks. 148833
  9. Realtek High Definition Audio - no sound on speaker, got sound via Headphone Jack!

Realtek High Definition Audio - no sound on speaker, got sound via Headphone Jack!: Hi, I got a GL503VS Asus Rog Scar Edition gaming laptop. I've done a reinstall a few weeks ago, and since then the issue is that everything seems working fine, but the laptop speakers are quiet, no sound. Tried to reinstall Windows, tried to get lot of compatible different...
  10. Sound input

Sound input: after recent windows 10 update, windows mixer input option seems unaccessible , unable to prepare buffers error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/sound-input/24c10886-d78e-498b-abfd-940365476925

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spound input jack