Windows 10: No sound through diplayport after upgrading to windows 10 on my hp elitebook 8440p laptop

Discus and support No sound through diplayport after upgrading to windows 10 on my hp elitebook 8440p laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi After upgrading my laptop to windows 10 i have no sound through my displaport when connecting to an external projector , monitor or tv source.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vassilisk1, Mar 16, 2019.

1. No sound through diplayport after upgrading to windows 10 on my hp elitebook 8440p laptop

Hi

After upgrading my laptop to windows 10 i have no sound through my displaport when connecting to an external projector , monitor or tv source. Everything was working fine with windows 7. This is very annoying, i use this old but good laptop for business projects & i don't want to mess up with extra cables. A question , why does Microsoft do that, you should at least release a universal driver to avoid such problems. Please give a proper solution. Thank you.

:)

vassilisk1, Mar 16, 2019

2. HP EliteBook 8440p Windows 10 pro base sys device driver not installed

Usually, its your chipset driver.

The most recent driver for this model are Windows 7 only. So, you will have to try those to see if they work:

https://support.hp.com/lamerica_nsc_carib-en/dr...

Make sure the most important are installed: Chipset, Display driver and Network (Ethernet and Wireless).

Also, install any storage drivers.

To find other drivers that might be missing.

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Right click in entries you see with an exclamation sign

Click Properties

Go to the Details tab

Click in the Property list box

Choose Hardware ids

Choose the shortest value in the value list box

Right click it then click Copy

Open your web browser and go to your favorite search engine then paste it in then perform a search. It should provide a description and like resource link where you can download the driver.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 16, 2019
  3. after windows 10 release my hp 8440p will not find my mobile broadband card/modem

after windows 10 release my hp 8440p will not find my mobile broadband card/modem. i have tried to find it but it is not even listed in to device manager. it is for qualcomm gobi 2000 and it is connect to a pannel under the laptop

JoshuaMcKean, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Jimmyb Win User

No sound through diplayport after upgrading to windows 10 on my hp elitebook 8440p laptop

HP Pavilion X2 upgrade to 1709 - no sound

I eventually got my detachable laptop to upgrade to Fall Creator, and was very pleased, then noticed that when I received notifications there was no sound, checked all the usual suspects, volume, system sounds, drivers, etc even plugged a headset in, no sound. Using the HP troubleshooter, its first step was to take me through Windows troubleshooter, through the drivers uninstall, it even had me reset my BIOS. HP have a hardware tester built into the UEFI, and on following the instructions, sounds out of the speakers, indicating a pass, but still no sounds from W10. The last suggestion from HP was to update the BIOS, however knowing the system worked before the upgrade decided against that. I followed the roll-back instruction, and after noting the audio drivers in 1709, found the same drivers in the roll backed version, but the sound was working again - bizarre!

Jimmyb, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

No sound through diplayport after upgrading to windows 10 on my hp elitebook 8440p laptop

1. No sound through diplayport after upgrading to windows 10 on my hp elitebook 8440p laptop - Similar Threads - sound through diplayport

2. HP EliteBook 8440p - Product Information not valid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP EliteBook 8440p - Product Information not valid: I have created a thread on HP for over A MONTH and I have not gotten any useful answers.https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Product-Information-not-valid/m-p/8820613/highlight/false#M301980I was installing Windows 7 updates and it was taking a...
  3. HP EliteBook 8440p - Product Information not valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP EliteBook 8440p - Product Information not valid: I have created a thread on HP for over A MONTH and I have not gotten any useful answers.https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Product-Information-not-valid/m-p/8820613/highlight/false#M301980I was installing Windows 7 updates and it was taking a...
  4. HP Elitebook 8440p frozen screen when moving the mouse from black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Elitebook 8440p frozen screen when moving the mouse from black screen: Hello I have an HP Elitebook 8440p with NVIDIA NVS 3100M graphics and whenever I wake the computer from idle by moving the mouse the screen turns on and freezes, and I have to press ctrl alt del or ctrl shft win b to reset the graphics driver and unfreeze it, and whatever I...
  5. HP Elitebook 8440p frozen screen when moving the mouse from black screen

HP Elitebook 8440p frozen screen when moving the mouse from black screen: Hello I have an HP Elitebook 8440p with NVIDIA NVS 3100M graphics and whenever I wake the computer from idle by moving the mouse the screen turns on and freezes, and I have to press ctrl alt del or ctrl shft win b to reset the graphics driver and unfreeze it, and whatever I...
  6. Cant upgrade to win 11 on my hp elitebook.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant upgrade to win 11 on my hp elitebook.: Hi, just wondering if anyone has installed win 11 even tho it says that the processor doesn't support it? i have a HP Elitebook G1 850 and would really like to use win 11 on it, I asked support team and they said it would void my warranty but that's finished now anyway. What...
  7. Cant upgrade to win 11 on my hp elitebook.

Cant upgrade to win 11 on my hp elitebook.: Hi, just wondering if anyone has installed win 11 even tho it says that the processor doesn't support it? i have a HP Elitebook G1 850 and would really like to use win 11 on it, I asked support team and they said it would void my warranty but that's finished now anyway. What...
  8. Cannot start my HP EliteBook laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot start my HP EliteBook laptop.: I have an HP Elitebook that will not turn on. The power button and the caps lock key continually blinks in unison on and off, but it will not go to boot. Any suggestions?...
  9. horizontal white lines on my hp elitebook 8440p

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    horizontal white lines on my hp elitebook 8440p: my laptop suddenly developed white horizontal line on the screen few days after repairing the dvd rom drive . what could be the possible solutions i have tried updating the display driver but couldnt find my laptops driver on the hp driver site the display is intel hd what...
  10. Can't Scroll with fingers on Elitebook 8440p Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Scroll with fingers on Elitebook 8440p Touchpad: I have a Client today who's been having some real issues with their customization features. Particularly, scrolling on the touchpad not working supposedly regardless of the settings changed/altered to accommodate this feature. Otherwise the touchpad functions just fine, but...