Windows 10: No sound through HDMI to TV

Discus and support No sound through HDMI to TV in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have windows 10 21H1 and after a update about 2 weeks ago I have no sound through my HDMI to TV,tried everything I can think of and read,need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NickCarter77, May 30, 2021.

1. No sound through HDMI to TV

Hi I have windows 10 21H1 and after a update about 2 weeks ago I have no sound through my HDMI to TV,tried everything I can think of and read,need someone who knows what they are on about to help please,Acer laptop to sharp tv, uninstalled the INTEL R DISPLAY AUDIO etc not sure but I think it use to be REALTEK next to my SHARP tv in the bottom right when clicking the volume but now its intel r display audio,could it be this? dont know how to get realtek controlling it again though,any help much appreciated,Nick

:)

NickCarter77, May 30, 2021

2. no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, May 30, 2021
  3. Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound

Hello,

When I connect my laptop (Windows 10) to TV using HDMI, I can get the video, but no sound.

I tried various solutions listed on internet and Microsoft community, like updating drivers, looking for disconnected or disabled HDMI/TV, etc.

I do not see TV/HDMI in sound control panel under soundplay back devices. TV/HDMI does not show as sound output option. Could this be a problem?

Sound and display graphic drivers are updated.

I will appreciate you help.

Thanks,

Verma

AKVerma_71, May 30, 2021
  4. tsilva Win User

No sound through HDMI to TV

No sound from TV with HDMI cable

Hello everyone,

I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh monitor. So, below is how the volume shows up.

No sound through HDMI to TV [​IMG]

I've tried multiple things with no success:

• Updated my graphics drivers
    • Tried different HDMI ports (from motherboard and gpu)
    • Tried with HDMI cable from TV
    • Tried with HDMI that came with my monitor
    • Tried Windows troubleshooting
    • Tried updating Realtek drivers directly on Device Manager (Windows said I already had the latest drivers)

Below you have an image that the TV is correctly detected and selected:

On Device Manager everything looks okay:

When I tried to see/edit the TV's sound properties basically I have nothing to change, and it says: "that the device was removed" and "no audio device is installed":

On "speakers configuration" on the image below it says "Unknown", which is weird:

Windows troubleshooting fails with two errors: "Volume is too low" and "audio services are not responding"

I have no more ideas, so I appreciate all the help you can give me.

Thank you in advance

tsilva, May 30, 2021
Thema:

No sound through HDMI to TV

1. No sound through HDMI to TV - Similar Threads - sound through HDMI

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  4. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No Sound Through HDMI to TV-TRIED LOTS-pl HELP

No Sound Through HDMI to TV-TRIED LOTS-pl HELP: Hi guys im tearing out whats left of my hair suddenly today I have no sound from laptop to TV,I have auto updated the drivers,set TV to default (green bars going up and down to the right)checked volume levels on both tv and laptop,changed HDMI cable,checked TV speakers for...
  6. HDMI no sound on TV

HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b
  7. no sound to tv thru hdmi

no sound to tv thru hdmi: no sound to tv via hdmi/windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-to-tv-thru-hdmi/77a45187-59de-427e-ad97-2d97b88310d8
  8. No sound coming from my TV through HDMI

No sound coming from my TV through HDMI: The problem I am having is that my JVC TV is not picking any sound at all from my Desktop but if I plug a speaker in the headphone jack, the headphone jack picks the sound but not my JVC TV through HDMI which is what I need. My TV is a JVC with an HDMI port where I connect...
  9. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...
  10. TV through HDMI is not working :(

TV through HDMI is not working :(: Hi, I just installed the clean 9841 from official site (dual boot Win 8) (don't know where you get 9860 though). My issue is that MY TV out though HDMI is not working, I saw while searching on that some people have issue with mous on TV so it mean it should be working...