Windows 10: No sound through headphones when pluged into front headphone jack in Windows 10

Discus and support No sound through headphones when pluged into front headphone jack in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am getting no sound from my headphones. I have tried the headphones on a different computer and the work fine. The computer sees when I plug or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mark Laris, Jul 30, 2018.

1. No sound through headphones when pluged into front headphone jack in Windows 10

I am getting no sound from my headphones. I have tried the headphones on a different computer and the work fine. The computer sees when I plug or unplug the headphones as I get a notification at the lower right corner of my screen. However, when I look on the sound control panel under Playback Devices, I do not see headphones listed. I have displayed both the Disabled and Unplugged devices, but no headphones show up. I have also uninstalled/reinstalled the RealTec drivers, but still no sound through my headphones. I am now as a loss as to what to do to get my headphones working.

:)

Mark Laris, Jul 30, 2018

2. Headphone jack not working

Hi Jonathan,

Issues with headphones or headphone jack could have happened due to hardware issues. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you update your driver. You can follow this
    link
    for the steps on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

If the issue still occurs, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer to check and troubleshoot your hardware issue with headphone jack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Jul 30, 2018
  3. pmalien Win User
    no sound from headphone jack

after downloading windows 10 my beats audio headphone jack on a hp envy phoenix no longer works, sound does come out of the monitors cheesey speakers. headphone jack worked fine with win 8.1

pmalien, Jul 30, 2018
  4. No sound through headphones when pluged into front headphone jack in Windows 10

No sound through headphones

Hello Sander,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to provide me with the following information.

• What is the make and model of the headphones?

• Have you tried connecting the headphones to another jack or another computer and checked if they are working?
    Make sure your headphones aren't plugged into the line out (headphone) jack of your sound card or computer (unless you want to be listening with headphones rather than speakers). When you plug in headphones, most computers
    automatically cut the sound to the speakers. Ensure the headphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack. Plug in the headphone and see if the same shows up in Device Manager.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

Note:
    If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or
    hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
      Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.
    If issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.
    If issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

This happens when you have the speakers set to default. We need to set the headphones as default. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Perform the task mentioned below to set speakers as default.

• Go to Start and click on control Panel.

• Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.

• In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click on Show Disabled devices.

• Now check if the headphone is listed there and right click on it and choose enable.

• Highlight that headphone and click on "Set as Default".

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Preethu” replied on April 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Headphones not working in Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

No sound through headphones when pluged into front headphone jack in Windows 10

1. No sound through headphones when pluged into front headphone jack in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sound through headphones

2. Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone: Hello, Today I turned on my HP Pc and my Mic isn't even being detected by Windows, The mic is attached to my headphones and the headphone audio does work, it's just the Microphone that doesn't I plugged it into the back microphone and audio ports using a splitter and now it...
  3. Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone: Hello, Today I turned on my HP Pc and my Mic isn't even being detected by Windows, The mic is attached to my headphones and the headphone audio does work, it's just the Microphone that doesn't I plugged it into the back microphone and audio ports using a splitter and now it...
  4. Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Playback through headphones in jack on Windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playback through headphones in jack on Windows 10 not working: Currently, on my Windows 10 PC I have the following strange behavior: my speakers and my USB headphones both will play sound fine, but my headphones in the headphone jack do not play sound. Additionally, my headphones are not listed under playback devices when they are...
  6. Terrible sound through headphone jack after driver update

Terrible sound through headphone jack after driver update: This morning Realtek Audio update popped up in the corner of my screen and instantlly all wired audio started sounding terrible like it was being played in a wind tunnel. I can see that these two events occured the ones at 10.10 and 10.11am. the other two was me trying to...
  7. NO SOUND THROUGH HEADPHONES

NO SOUND THROUGH HEADPHONES: Win 10 64bit Dell XPS 8930 Realtek HD Audio Speakers / Headphones Realtek Audio set as default in Sound>Playback tab. There is no Enhancements tab in Properties. Test tone = error msg. Installed latest Realtek driver. Test tone is audible but no sound from any apps. No...
  8. 3.5mm front panel headphone jack broken??

3.5mm front panel headphone jack broken??: Yesterday my speakers were working fine. Today i just turned on my PC and noticed a x symbol on the volume button down in the taskbar. I clicked to troubleshoot it, but there was no option to troubleshoot the front panel, only the rear panel ones. I tried unplugging and...
  9. No Sound Through Headphones

No Sound Through Headphones: Hello! I've already read through many of the similar questions on this forum, however none of the solutions seem to work. Sound comes through perfectly fine on my laptop's built-in speakers. However, when plugging my headphones into the 3.5mm headset jack, there is no sound...
  10. No Sound when pluging in headphone problem on multiple computers

No Sound when pluging in headphone problem on multiple computers: ok so I have had this problem on 2 pcs. the first one fixed itself after a headache and restarting it a couple times. but this one however I have restarted several times with no luck. I know the headphones work. I have sound on my speakers just fine. I plug in the headphone...