Windows 10: No sound through monitor speakers after monitor turns off by power plan setting

Discus and support No sound through monitor speakers after monitor turns off by power plan setting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had a one monitor setup with power plan setting to turn off monitor after 5 mins of inactivity. The monitor is a Iiyama G-Master Silver Crow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RO xX Horia Xx, Apr 29, 2020.

1. No sound through monitor speakers after monitor turns off by power plan setting

I had a one monitor setup with power plan setting to turn off monitor after 5 mins of inactivity.

The monitor is a Iiyama G-Master Silver Crow GB2730QSU-B1 connected to my GPU via Display port. The sound would be going on to the monitor speakers via DP. GPU is a MSI Geforce RTX 2070 Gaming Z. Pc operating Win10 Pro 64

I have recently bought a second monitor, same model and connected via DP to GPU and HDMI to XBOX One.

All was well until i bought the second monitor but now after the monitors go to sleep because of the 5 minute inactivity setting, i cannot hear the sound in the monitor speaker. All is showing as working on Windows just the sound does not pass through.

When i switch to my HyperX gaming headset, USB connected, the sound passes through the headset with no problem.

Have any of you had previously any symilar problems?

Do you have any advice?

:)

RO xX Horia Xx, Apr 29, 2020

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

No sound through monitor speakers after monitor turns off by power plan setting [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 29, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Apr 29, 2020
  4. No sound through monitor speakers after monitor turns off by power plan setting

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

No sound through monitor speakers after monitor turns off by power plan setting

1. No sound through monitor speakers after monitor turns off by power plan setting - Similar Threads - sound through monitor

2. Monitor turns green, static comes through speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns green, static comes through speakers: Windows 10CPU: 7800X3DGPU: 7900XTXG.Skill DDR5- 6000 RAMALL BIOS AND UPDATES HAVE BEEN INSTALLED.This is a brand new system, with all new parts. There are no random drivers or system files that may be left over from a prior build.While playing games, browsing the internet, or...
  3. Monitor turns on immediately after power plan and can not keep being turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns on immediately after power plan and can not keep being turned off: I have pc running on windows 11 but the problem is not related to windows 11, because since the first day I assembled the pc, the problem have been existed. The details are as following: 1. The display is set to turn off after 2 minutes in power plan balanced mode and system...
  4. Monitor turns on immediately after power plan and can not keep being turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns on immediately after power plan and can not keep being turned off: I have pc running on windows 11 but the problem is not related to windows 11, because since the first day I assembled the pc, the problem have been existed. The details are as following: 1. The display is set to turn off after 2 minutes in power plan balanced mode and system...
  5. Sound with monitor's speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound with monitor's speakers: how can i play music on both lg monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-with-monitors-speakers/85a3c4f7-d1d6-4034-ba46-b2805d2c40f3
  6. Monitor sound wont turn off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor sound wont turn off: I just recently got a new monitor that has built in speakers. i use them when im not in calls or just playing casual. but when im in my sound settings and i make Realtek Speakers (the device ive always used) the monitor still has volume. Can anyone help me? submitted by...
  7. Monitor powers on after computer turns it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor powers on after computer turns it off: Trying to find how to keep monitor off after I lock the PC. What I do: 1. Monitor powers off after 1 minute when PC is locked 2. In few seconds computer plays sound like it detects new hardware, monitors wakes up and shows "No Cable Connected". 3. Then monitor turns off....
  8. Windows ignores the time set in power plan options to turn off my monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows ignores the time set in power plan options to turn off my monitors: I set the time to turn off my monitors to 10min in windows power plan options and it doesn’t work. Also tried setting the power button to turn off the monitors but in vain, when I press the power button after setting it to turn off my monitors, the monitors go black for a...
  9. Monitors will not turn off per power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors will not turn off per power settings: My monitors do not enter power save, per my power settings. I've run troubleshooter, reset to default, changed settings, updated drivers, checked reliability monitor, unplugged all usb device, issue persists. Can anyone help with this?...
  10. Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings)

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings): Hello just few days ago monitor (Asus PG278Q) started turning off after 10 min while watching media or idle. Checked screensaver: set to 'none' Checked power settings: max performance, set to never shut down or sleep. What else can turn off monitor except screensaver...