Windows 10: No sound to tv through hdmi cable

Discus and support No sound to tv through hdmi cable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 4Dahlia, Dec 10, 2018.

1. 4Dahlia Win User

No sound to tv through hdmi cable

I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced to listen/watch through headphones because all I have are the speaker in the laptop itself.

:)

4Dahlia, Dec 10, 2018
  2. XTL
    xTL Win User

No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

if you change the hdmi port on the tv does that change anything?

if you use a diffrent hdmi cable from the Tv to the Pc does that change anything?

if you connect something else to the current hdmi cable you use with the Tv and Pc, like a console or a apple tv / laptop / intel nuc / other devices, do they get sound ?

What kind of Tv do you have?

3. XTL
    xTL Win User
    No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

Hello catseatyourface Welcome to tenforums No sound to tv through hdmi cable :)

You can check what sound source you have active,
    by right clicking the sound icon at systemtray and press Sounds.

No sound to tv through hdmi cable [​IMG]

Or you can go to, Control Panel\Hardware and Sound > Sound

From there press Playback tab and change to the source ur Tv has.
    ( in my example my current source is my sound blastser )

No sound to tv through hdmi cable [​IMG]

4. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

No sound to tv through hdmi cable

1. No sound to tv through hdmi cable - Similar Threads - sound through hdmi

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  4. No sound through HDMI to TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound through HDMI to TV: Hi I have windows 10 21H1 and after a update about 2 weeks ago I have no sound through my HDMI to TV,tried everything I can think of and read,need someone who knows what they are on about to help please,Acer laptop to sharp tv, uninstalled the INTEL R DISPLAY AUDIO etc not...
  5. No sound from TV with HDMI cable

No sound from TV with HDMI cable: Hello everyone, I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh...
  6. hdmi cable to tv

hdmi cable to tv: Since installing windows 10 i cant get the hdmi cable from laptop to tv to work, i was working fine prior to me downloading windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-cable-to-tv/fbb308ac-309b-4ec2-a047-673dfeec99e9
  7. HDMI no sound on TV

HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b
  8. No sound coming from my TV through HDMI

No sound coming from my TV through HDMI: The problem I am having is that my JVC TV is not picking any sound at all from my Desktop but if I plug a speaker in the headphone jack, the headphone jack picks the sound but not my JVC TV through HDMI which is what I need. My TV is a JVC with an HDMI port where I connect...
  9. sound with hdmi cable

sound with hdmi cable: I connected my computer with an hdmi cable to my tv and the display and sound worked fine. But every time that I wake my computer up after that I have no sound unless I disconnect and then reconnect the hdmi cable to the tv. How can this be resolved without having to...
  10. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable: I use my tv as a monitor for my computer and the sound has suddenly stopped working. The picture is fine but there's no sound, it says that the "Spatial sound" is off and doesn't give me an option to turn the sound on for anything but headphones. Nothing I've seen online...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound through hdmi cable to tv

2. hdmi cable no sound to tv

3. no sound to tv with hdmi cable