Windows 10: No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

Discus and support No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use my tv as a monitor for my computer and the sound has suddenly stopped working. The picture is fine but there's no sound, it says that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by catseatyourface, Sep 16, 2018.

1. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

I use my tv as a monitor for my computer and the sound has suddenly stopped working. The picture is fine but there's no sound, it says that the "Spatial sound" is off and doesn't give me an option to turn the sound on for anything but headphones. Nothing I've seen online seems to be for windows 10 and I really need help cause I need sound on my computer for school.

:)

catseatyourface, Sep 16, 2018

2. No sound on TV, which is connected to laptop via HDMI cable

Hi David,

It seems the television is not configured properly on the system. When a TV is connected, you will see the TV device under Sound settings. You can click on Set it as Default. I suggest you to try using a different HDMI cable and check if the issue persists.

After you have the right cable (HDMI Cable), follow these steps to connect your computer to your TV.
    Turn off your computer and position it within easy reach of your TV. Disconnect the monitor, but leave the mouse and keyboard connected.

Connect the appropriate video cable from your computer's output to your TV.
    Turn on your TV and set it to the input that matches the output on your computer. You might need to refer to the user's guide included with your TV for instructions on how to do this.
    Turn on your computer.

You should see Windows displayed on your TV. If the screen looks stretched, or part of the screen seems cut off, you probably need to adjust the screen resolution in Windows.

If you can't see Windows on your TV, you might need to reconnect the computer to your monitor and adjust the screen resolution before you connect to your TV.

Hope this helps. Do keep us updated.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Umepojk Win User
    No sound when using TV as monitor through HDMI cable

I've been hooking up my laptop to my TV through a HDMI cable for a while, with no issue. Suddenly I get no sound from tv speakers. When I go to the control panel,the only sound device listed is the one for the laptop speakers, even when I have checked
    'show disabled devices' and 'show disconnected devices'. How do I fix? I use Windows 10.

Umepojk, Sep 16, 2018
  4. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

No sound from HDMI, Not detected HDMI.Windows 10

I have desktop PC and a Samsung TV.

Everything is fine except the sound. I connect the TV with a good HDMI (checked) cable and is working good as a screen. I don't have sound from my TV though.

I searched and tried all the suggested solutions but nothing.

I don't find my TV to the playback devices.

I cannot find the HDMI as an sound exit. "show disabled devices" is checked.

I don't know what else to do.

A strange fact is that in Device Manager my TV is not visible in "Monitors". Only "Generic PnP monitor" is listed.

ΑπόστολοςΧριστόφαλος, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

1. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable - Similar Threads - sound using monitor

2. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  3. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  4. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No sound from TV with HDMI cable

No sound from TV with HDMI cable: Hello everyone, I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh...
  6. hdmi cable to tv

hdmi cable to tv: Since installing windows 10 i cant get the hdmi cable from laptop to tv to work, i was working fine prior to me downloading windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-cable-to-tv/fbb308ac-309b-4ec2-a047-673dfeec99e9
  7. problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable: My HDIM connect used to work fine but now I am unable to connect my TV using HDMI cable from my laptop. I receive an error message saying that it cannot detect another display...
  8. sound with hdmi cable

sound with hdmi cable: I connected my computer with an hdmi cable to my tv and the display and sound worked fine. But every time that I wake my computer up after that I have no sound unless I disconnect and then reconnect the hdmi cable to the tv. How can this be resolved without having to...
  9. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...
  10. After using HDMI cable to tv, monitor on laptop black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    After using HDMI cable to tv, monitor on laptop black: I have been using HDMI cable from laptop to tv without problem. However, since updating to Windows 10 whenever I use HDMI cable, after disconnecting my laptop screen is black, it is as though it does not recognize it's own monitor. I have had to restore latptop twice and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound from monitor using hdmi cable