Windows 10: No Sound via Display Port

Discus and support No Sound via Display Port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Running Win10 x64 1903 - LG Ultra monitor 4k using DP. Monitor is capable of sound but the properties for the LG show jack information as HDMI. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mart1981, Dec 12, 2019.

1. mart1981 Win User

No Sound via Display Port

Running Win10 x64 1903 - LG Ultra monitor 4k using DP.

Monitor is capable of sound but the properties for the LG show jack information as HDMI. Is there anyway of remapping this to show DP.

The monitor menu is limited regarding options - the sound is showing as 100%

Any help/input appreciated

:)

mart1981, Dec 12, 2019

2. Surface Pro 2 Windows 10 - no sound on display port and slow video

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

If doesn't work, I suggest you to update the sound and display drivers from device manager and check.

Please follow the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    • Follow the same steps to update sound device.
    I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 12, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No Sound via Display Port :p

cadaveca, Dec 12, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

1. No Sound via Display Port - Similar Threads - Sound via Display

2. Display port not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display port not working: I’m having an issue, when I use my display port on my gpu I get “no signal” on my monitor. This is not the case when I use hdmi. Does why one know how to fix the display port not having signal? submitted by /u/LozCawley123 [link] [comments]...
  3. External Display not working on Surface Pro 4 via mini display port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Display not working on Surface Pro 4 via mini display port: I am running a mini display port adapter connected to an HDMI to HDMI wire from my surface pro 4 to a television. When I connect it, the screen on my surface pro 4 goes black as if making the connection and then it comes back on. The display settings on my surface is set to...
  4. No Display Port Sound

No Display Port Sound: So the problem is as fallows: Upon installing a fresh install of Windows 10 the sound worked fine with my monitor speakers over the Display Port. After installing all the drivers it stopped working. I tracked it down to NVidia panel not recognising the display as audio...
  5. Display Port

Display Port: I am trying to use the Display Port to HDMI. I get the video but not the sound. How can I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-port/6182602c-065d-472b-a413-a23c65762a72
  6. Display port problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display port problem: Hi i have just changed my mobo, cpu and gpu from intel to amd, and a problem has followed over. When connecting my 3 monitors with display port it wont work. On my old setup it was the same thing , only way i could do it was to have 1 display port, 1 hdmi and one dvi. So to...
  7. Display port problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Display port problem: Hi i have just changed my mobo, cpu and gpu from intel to amd, and a problem has followed over. When connecting my 3 monitors with display port it wont work. On my old setup it was the same thing , only way i could do it was to have 1 display port, 1 hdmi and one dvi. So to...
  8. No Signal at Display Port

No Signal at Display Port: I just purchased and set up Dell U2719D dual monitors. The connection is a display port to display port to dual NVIDEA K620 video cards in a Dell Precision Tower 3620. OS is Windows 10, 64 bit with latest updates (Version 1803). All video drivers have latest updates. Computer...
  9. Display port failure?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display port failure?: My extended desktop, connected to an HDMI tv via display port, quit working a few weeks back. Not sure exactly when - it was working, then once when I tried to access it the tv said "no signal". I bought a different DP to HDMI cable, but no difference. Is there a setting that...
  10. No sound via VT1828s.

No sound via VT1828s.: I got sound for a couple hours but then my wife tried her pogo.com flash game then sound went away so I fiddled away and still no sound on any thing, give up turn it off. Next day disable/enable audio device nothing uninstall endpoint let it re-install still nothing, hours...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell u2719d hdmi no sound

2. displayport u2719d no sound