Windows 10: No sound whatsoever from speakers nor from headphones

Discus and support No sound whatsoever from speakers nor from headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, I've had this laptop for a couple of years now with no problems, but in the last days I've been unable to get any sound to come out of it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ACMT, Dec 26, 2018.

1. ACMT Win User

No sound whatsoever from speakers nor from headphones

Greetings,

I've had this laptop for a couple of years now with no problems, but in the last days I've been unable to get any sound to come out of it. I've tried the usual stuff (Windows troubleshooter, uninstalling/reinstalling driver from device manager) but nothing, and after googling I can say I'm stumped and would love some help!

Some more detailed info:

- Samsung Expert X51 model

- Windows 10

- Right-clicking sounds in the taskbar, opening "sounds" and going to reproduction, if I plug in my headphones they aren't recognized (only the speakers show up in the list), but even so I hear a regular beating from the headphones, kinda like a heartbeat

- Windows recognizes the speakers as a device under Device Manager, I do the automated test for problems and it says it's fine, I do the sound test but nothing comes out

- For the troubleshooting, first it tells me to deactivate sound effects (even though it's already off), next it tried to reproduce sounds but I really hear nothing at all coming out of the speakers

- Windows also doesn't recognize anything from the in-built microphone

I'd appreciate some guidance if possible.

Also merry holidays No sound whatsoever from speakers nor from headphones :)

:)

2. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Dec 26, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

No sound whatsoever from speakers nor from headphones [​IMG]

fireberd, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. No sound whatsoever from speakers nor from headphones - Similar Threads - sound whatsoever speakers

2. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  3. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  4. No sound coming from headphones and speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound coming from headphones and speakers: So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back there was a message that popped up saying that a new input was detected and asked me to switch. I decided not to but then I...
  5. There is sound from both my speaker and headphones

There is sound from both my speaker and headphones: I have a MSI laptop, this problem started recently. I connect my headphones and there is sound comming from both my laptop speaker and headphones. i tried uninstalling the driver and restarting.. didnt work. so i tried rolling back my driver.. it did work but i encountered...
  6. No sound through headphones/speakers from Line-In

No sound through headphones/speakers from Line-In: Hello, I have a VIA HD on board sound card, with a Behringer Xenyx 1202fx mixer. Main out with RCA cables with a 3.5mm y-adapter plugged into the line-in on the sound card. I have Samson C01 Studio condenser Mic connected to the mixer. Since upgrading to Windows 10, I can...
  7. No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works

No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works: I Have a HP Pavilion g7-1355dx Notebook PC And I Just Upgraded From Windows 7 To Windows 10 And I Cant Hear Anything From My Headphones But Only From My Internal Speaker. The HeadPhones Work Fine On My DeskTop And They Dont Require A Drive. have tried updating the...
  8. No sound from speakers/headphones

No sound from speakers/headphones: Hi, I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio. I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack. The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile. I have the latest drivers...
  9. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No sound from headphones but speakers work.: Hello, I have a laptop - Asus GL551JW-DS71. My speakers work fine but when I plug in my headphones, I can't hear any sound from the headphones. The headphones do work as I use them for my desktop. I have tried updating the sound drivers from the device manager. I...
  10. Sound coming from both speakers + headphones

Sound coming from both speakers + headphones: Hello, I'm having an issue with my sound, when I have my headphones plugged in both my speakers and the headphones generate sound but I only want the headphones to generate sound. It is simple plug and play headphones. Would anyone know how I can block the sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. No sound in speaker nor headphone