Windows 10: No sound when Audio Enhancements are enabled

Discus and support No sound when Audio Enhancements are enabled in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not sure why, but for some reason every time I enable audio enhancements for my Realtek my sound stops working entirely. I've always had them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yepimbonez, Mar 27, 2020.

1. No sound when Audio Enhancements are enabled

I'm not sure why, but for some reason every time I enable audio enhancements for my Realtek my sound stops working entirely. I've always had them enabled before along with Windows Sonic for Headphones, but yesterday I just unchecked the box and then enabled it again to compare the two and everything quit working. Audio still works when the box is unchecked.

I reinstalled the drivers, made sure everything is up-to-date, ran the troubleshooter, even did a system restore to a week ago, but nothing has fixed it. Has anyone encountered this?

submitted by /u/yepimbonez
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yepimbonez, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Vanarchy Win User

Windows 10 Audio Sounds "Cheap" and Weird "Enable Audio Enhancements"

Alright guys, I have a question.

I have an HP Pavillion g7 laptop. I reallytake care of it, I know for a fact I didn't blow out my speakers, yet I'm having trouble with the audio.

I recently updated to Windows 10 and that's when all the BS started to happen. I'm using Speaker/HP (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC) and I like the way they sound until recently.

I've installed drivers, updated, "troubleshoot-ed" all that good stuff.

I found that when I plug in my headphones and "Enable Audio Enhancements" is checked OFF my headphones sound beautiful, like it's supposed to sound but when I unplug them the speaker audio with "Enable Audio Enhancements" still checked OFF it sounds bad,
    like cheap 10 dollar speakers. Now when I have "Enable Audio Enhancements" checked ON the speakers sound great just like when I first bought my laptop but when I plug in my headphones the sound quality sounds "cheap" like 5 dollar headphones quality.

Basically:

Enable Audio Enhancements ON = Great Speaker Quality, Horrible Headphone Quality.

Enable Audio Enhancements OFF = Horrible Speaker Quality, Great Headphone Quality.

-__________- I have to keep switching it on and off if I wanna listen to speakers or headphones.

Lol It goes back and fourth. Its Vice Versa. Is there a way to fix this? It didn't do this before. I would plug my headphones in and out and the audio quality would remain the same, my good audio lol, no problems at all!

Vanarchy, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Audio Enhancements

Hi Charlotte,

One step that we could try is to manually re-install the Audio Enhancement, and see if it helps. First, go to HP's website and download the latest Audio Enhancement installer (IDT) and save it to your Downloads folder. Once done, follow the remaining steps
    below:

• Search for Control Panel via Cortana search and hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • Open the Device Manager and click Sound, Video and Game controllers.
    • Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Once your PC restarts, it should automatically load all audio driver. Let it complete the process.
    • Go to the Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select
      Run as administrator
    Once complete, check if you have the enhancements back and let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Mar 27, 2020
  4. No sound when Audio Enhancements are enabled

Audio Enhancements Problem

Driver enhancements give you some special sound effects that will enhance your audio experience.

The steps to disable driver enhancements are listed below:

a. Click Start.

b. Type Sound in the Start search box and click
    Sound from the available options.

c. On the Playback
    tab, click Speakers and then click Properties.

d. Click the Enhancements
    tab and then select the Disable all enhancements check box.

If disabling driver enhancements doesn't help, please follow the steps given below:

a. Right click on volume icon in system tray.

b. Select Playback Devices. Select the Speakers icon, and click
    Properties.

c. Select the Enhancements tab.

d. Scroll down to Loudness Equalization and check the box.

e. Click Apply.

If the above given methods do not help, please uninstall your Audio driver, restart your PC and again install it.

Sagun Raj Lage, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

No sound when Audio Enhancements are enabled

1. No sound when Audio Enhancements are enabled - Similar Threads - sound Audio Enhancements

2. Can't enable any sound enhancements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable any sound enhancements: When i open the enchantments tab it only shows "Disable sound effects" and nothing else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enable-any-sound-enhancements/41a77ded-841b-48d5-a838-804dd6586d67
  3. Can't enable any sound enhancements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable any sound enhancements: When i open the enchantments tab it only shows "Disable sound effects" and nothing else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enable-any-sound-enhancements/41a77ded-841b-48d5-a838-804dd6586d67
  4. Can't enable any sound enhancements

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Should "audio enhancements" in Windows be enabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should "audio enhancements" in Windows be enabled?: When I use the USB DAC in Windows, there is an "enable audio enhancements" button in the audio settings, with the text "allows extra signal processing by the audio device". What does this "signal processing" mean? Does it just add some extra sound effects or something? What...
  6. Should "audio enhancements" in Windows be enabled?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Should "audio enhancements" in Windows be enabled?: When I use the USB DAC in Windows, there is an "enable audio enhancements" button in the audio settings, with the text "allows extra signal processing by the audio device". What does this "signal processing" mean? Does it just add some extra sound effects or something? What...
  7. Should "audio enhancements" in Windows be enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. After 20H2 update sound wouldn't work with audio enhancements enabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After 20H2 update sound wouldn't work with audio enhancements enabled: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ericce24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ma5bjd/after_20h2_update_sound_wouldnt_work_with_audio/
  9. After 20H2 update sound wouldn't work with audio enhancements enabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After 20H2 update sound wouldn't work with audio enhancements enabled: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ericce24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m5zq8i/after_20h2_update_sound_wouldnt_work_with_audio/
  10. Split audio issue when Djing, need to turn off enable audio enhancement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Split audio issue when Djing, need to turn off enable audio enhancement: I have found what I need to do to fix my issue but haven't been able to find it in the settings. I'm running on windows 10 which I recently installed, the first picture is what I need to turn off at the bottom of the settings. The second is my laptop which has a different...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio enhancements didnt load