Windows 10: No sound when more than one user logged on to Windows 10

Discus and support No sound when more than one user logged on to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new Windows 10 PC set up with 2 adult and 2 child profiles. The sound has been intermittent for some time. I've narrowed down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rupert Higham, Mar 20, 2019.

1. No sound when more than one user logged on to Windows 10

Hi,

I have a new Windows 10 PC set up with 2 adult and 2 child profiles. The sound has been intermittent for some time. I've narrowed down the problem: the sound is disabled in the loaded profile when another user is still logged on. This is the case even after the computer is shut down as it appears that users who have not manually logged off remain signed in. If all users are manually signed out before another logs in, the sound works. When it's not working and I run the troubleshooter and reinstall the drivers it works on the next load-up, but not subsequently (after more than one user has logged on).

I've followed all the troubleshooter possibilities, including reinstalling RealTek drivers multiple times, and also uninstalling RealTek and reverting to the generic Microsoft HD audio drivers (currently installed). None of these possibilities have affected the problem.

Obviously, I could just ensure everyone manually logs out every time before shutting down but it's a big hassle and we shouldn't have to.

Can anyone suggest a way to fix this problem? Thanks!

:)

Rupert Higham, Mar 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

No sound when more than one user logged on to Windows 10

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound when more than one user logged on to Windows 10 :p

cadaveca, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

No sound when more than one user logged on to Windows 10

1. No sound when more than one user logged on to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sound more user

2. windows dvd player on more than one device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows dvd player on more than one device: I bought windows dvd player nine six months ago and a second laptop two months ago. Do I have to buy it again for my second computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dvd-player-on-more-than-one-device/10b722e7-6394-4809-b29e-db02dcd7e69e
  3. more than one MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    more than one MBR: My OS disk boots from start on in XP. Still need that OS as my UMAX 2200 scanner is only fully supported by XP drivers. Later on bought W7 ultimate and installed it as multiboot. EasyBCD does the trick. No problem. Runs both. Had to upgrade to W10. As W10 tells me how to run...
  4. PC Randomly Freezes When Running More Than One Application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Randomly Freezes When Running More Than One Application: Hello, Microsoft Community. I would like help with a computer problem. My issue is that for the past month, my the entire computer freezes for around two minutes: no mouse, keyboard, just the blue screen of death over my current applications. This happens when running two...
  5. More than one program maximizing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    More than one program maximizing.: Im new to Windows 10. Lets say I have 2 programs open. Im at the desktop, Why is it when I choose one of them from the task bar, the other one also maximizes behind it? Instead of the program I chose popping up with the desktop in the background, the program I chose pops up...
  6. More than one user name for Outlook.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    More than one user name for Outlook.: How do I access either address? Only one will come up in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-than-one-user-name-for-outlook/9dc5907c-7a89-49bd-99e8-578ee1816b77"
  7. One license for more than one versions.

One license for more than one versions.: I got a laptop with pre installedWin 10 pro Education. It is about two weeks ago I went to perform factory restore for my DELL laptop So when I run the OS recovery tool of DELL It gave me an option to download Windows 10 Professional . As my Factory restore image I got...
  8. Uploading more than one document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uploading more than one document: How do I upload more than one document when the file is open. I am only allowed to open one at a time, If I go to the document without trying to upload I am allowed to....
  9. Active window changes unexpectedly when more than one window open.

in Windows 10 Support
    Active window changes unexpectedly when more than one window open.: Whenever I have more than one window open the active window seems to change unexpectedly without me even clicking in the window to activate it. For example I'll have one half of my screen streaming a Netflix video and the other half will be another window at some random...
  10. More than 10k upgrade log entries

More than 10k upgrade log entries: The machine runs build 1607 on a metered connection. Twice recently, the machine has suddenly stopped, had to be rebooted. Each time the Windows Event log just reported the machine had restarted after an unexpected stop. The windows update log has 10,164 lines. The first...