Windows 10: No sound when using mic

Discus and support No sound when using mic in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I try to use the mic the sound just doesn't come out submitted by /u/iansparta [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iansparta, Jan 15, 2020.

1. No sound when using mic

Every time I try to use the mic the sound just doesn't come out

submitted by /u/iansparta
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iansparta, Jan 15, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

No sound when using mic

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

No sound when using mic

1. No sound when using mic - Similar Threads - sound using mic

2. Wireless headset's mic not working when sound is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless headset's mic not working when sound is on: Hello,I have a Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless headset using a dongle for the wireless, the mic and the sound works perfectly fine when used separately but when I want to use my mic while having the sound on, the mic begin to make some buggy/laggy/chopped sound. It is just some...
  3. Using mic muting all other sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using mic muting all other sounds: When I'm using mic in discord, or just in browser 'mic test' every other sounds are like muted. Seems to be in sth like call mode? I'm using speaker and for example YouTube sound is muffled when I run mic test or discord. I already reinstalled driver or even system, selected...
  4. Using mic muting all other sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using mic muting all other sounds: When I'm using mic in discord, or just in browser 'mic test' every other sounds are like muted. Seems to be in sth like call mode? I'm using speaker and for example YouTube sound is muffled when I run mic test or discord. I already reinstalled driver or even system, selected...
  5. Windows 11 Unable to hear sound from AirPods when mic is in use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Unable to hear sound from AirPods when mic is in use.: Hey, so I'm having some issues getting both sound output and mic input to work at the same time with AirPods 2nd Gen on Windows 11.Does anyone have any clue about what's going on or how to resolve this issue so that I can use both at the same time?Some examples of this issue...
  6. Windows 11 Unable to hear sound from AirPods when mic is in use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Unable to hear sound from AirPods when mic is in use.: Hey, so I'm having some issues getting both sound output and mic input to work at the same time with AirPods 2nd Gen on Windows 11.Does anyone have any clue about what's going on or how to resolve this issue so that I can use both at the same time?Some examples of this issue...
  7. sound not working on headphones when my mic is on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound not working on headphones when my mic is on: hello! so i recently got new headphones and there is a problem: there appears to be two different versions of the headphone. one of the version plays sound really blurry and the other one is clear. but there is only one mic on that appears and it can only be used if i use the...
  8. Sound and Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound and Mic: Hi, My sound isn't working along with my mic, when I plug in my mic I have an option to select what it is but it is never picked up when I check 'Sound Control Panel' but with y headphones it isn't even picked up as a device at all. I've tried updating drivers and I've...
  9. everyone can hear my pc sound when I use the mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    everyone can hear my pc sound when I use the mic: Every time I chat with somebody through my mic they can hear all of my pc sounds and that is not because the sound is too loud. I plugged in an old mic that doesn't work anymore and my chat partner can still hear my pc sound. how can I solve this? submitted by...
  10. no sound wen mic is in use

in Windows 10 Customization
    no sound wen mic is in use: wen ever my bluthooth mic is "aktive" ore in use all my sounds cut off and wont come back until my mic is "inaktive" ore off like the voce chat in a game I have updated all my drivers I hev disabald all setings I can as sound bosters and so on I need help NOW as am mad that...