Windows 10: No sound Windows 10 HP Laptop

Discus and support No sound Windows 10 HP Laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there computer Gurus, My Laptop has absolutely no sound at all. I somehow did manage to get my Bluetooth headphones to work periodically until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CassandraHall1, Jan 17, 2021.

1. No sound Windows 10 HP Laptop

Hello there computer Gurus,

My Laptop has absolutely no sound at all. I somehow did manage to get my Bluetooth headphones to work periodically until they died. There is a red X on the volume icon and when I go to settings the master control volume is set at 0% with no visible way to change it. Although I am sure there is a way computers are not my forte. Everything was working fine until I left the room and my laptop unattended with my child. I haven't a clue what was done and could really use some advice please from someone more knowledgeable than myself. PLEASE NO SUPPORT NUMBER SCAMS! SCAMMERS MOVE ALONG.

:)

CassandraHall1, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Jimmyb Win User
    HP Pavilion X2 upgrade to 1709 - no sound

I eventually got my detachable laptop to upgrade to Fall Creator, and was very pleased, then noticed that when I received notifications there was no sound, checked all the usual suspects, volume, system sounds, drivers, etc even plugged a headset in, no sound. Using the HP troubleshooter, its first step was to take me through Windows troubleshooter, through the drivers uninstall, it even had me reset my BIOS. HP have a hardware tester built into the UEFI, and on following the instructions, sounds out of the speakers, indicating a pass, but still no sounds from W10. The last suggestion from HP was to update the BIOS, however knowing the system worked before the upgrade decided against that. I followed the roll-back instruction, and after noting the audio drivers in 1709, found the same drivers in the roll backed version, but the sound was working again - bizarre!

Jimmyb, Jan 17, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

No sound Windows 10 HP Laptop

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

No sound Windows 10 HP Laptop

1. No sound Windows 10 HP Laptop - Similar Threads - sound Laptop

2. can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have...: can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have tried every tips. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-with-my-laptop-windows-7-ultimate/48dd90ad-3633-4aa3-b9f2-2a6ff111a59b
  3. can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have...: can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have tried every tips. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-with-my-laptop-windows-7-ultimate/48dd90ad-3633-4aa3-b9f2-2a6ff111a59b
  4. BlueTooth earbuds say they are connected but sound comes from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BlueTooth earbuds say they are connected but sound comes from laptop: For a few months now, my bluetooth ear buds soundcore life p2 mini have been working just fine with my laptop Acer Nitro 5 Gaming laptop and I'm Currently running a "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor" along with windows 11. Recently they have started saying they're...
  5. BlueTooth earbuds say they are connected but sound comes from laptop

BlueTooth earbuds say they are connected but sound comes from laptop: For a few months now, my bluetooth ear buds soundcore life p2 mini have been working just fine with my laptop Acer Nitro 5 Gaming laptop and I'm Currently running a "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor" along with windows 11. Recently they have started saying they're...
  6. Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes: I keep hearing this Ringing sound on my laptop every few minutes or sometimes seconds. I have no idea what programs it could be since I basically tried exiting out of all software that manages sound Nvidia broadcast and voicemod along with discord and a bunch of other...
  7. Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes

Awful ringing sound playing on my laptop every few minutes: I keep hearing this Ringing sound on my laptop every few minutes or sometimes seconds. I have no idea what programs it could be since I basically tried exiting out of all software that manages sound Nvidia broadcast and voicemod along with discord and a bunch of other...
  8. My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck: I recently disabled microsoft hyper V virtualization infrastructures driver because it has a problem because it cannot load due to lack of requirements/necessary drivers and It was on safe mode then I installed nvidia geforce 310m and updated it then I restarted my laptop to...
  9. My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck

My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck: I recently disabled microsoft hyper V virtualization infrastructures driver because it has a problem because it cannot load due to lack of requirements/necessary drivers and It was on safe mode then I installed nvidia geforce 310m and updated it then I restarted my laptop to...
  10. My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware