Windows 10: No sound. Windows audio is stuck at "stopping"

Discus and support No sound. Windows audio is stuck at "stopping" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sound stopped. Normal checks did not help. Went into services. Widows audio stuck at "stopping" How do I fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NiceCell1867114, Jan 28, 2019.

1. No sound. Windows audio is stuck at "stopping"

Sound stopped.

Normal checks did not help.

Went into services.

Widows audio stuck at "stopping"

How do I fix

:)

NiceCell1867114, Jan 28, 2019

2. No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Audio and Sound

Hi Ethan,

This issue can be due to several reasons. Let's get your audio and sound issue sorted, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Select Sound.
    • Go to Communications tab.
    • Click Do nothing.
    • Chose Apply and Ok.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jan 28, 2019
  4. No sound. Windows audio is stuck at "stopping"

Windows Audio Crashes

My audio stops working when ever a mic is turned on.

On login, audio output works normally, however, when ever any mic is used, both audio input and output crash and a red x shows up on the taskbar audio icon.

It seems the Windows Audio service is what crashes.

After the first crash, the audio does not come back no matter what I do until I restart my pc.

I can replicate this with the following steps:

1. Login to pc
      • audio output working fine
    2. Open sound settings, opens to playback tab
      • audio still fine and also able to play test sounds
    3. Click on Recording Tab
      • The sound feedback indicator on the right side is missing
      • The window freezes, error window appears about DLL crash
      • If there is no connected or enabled recording device, nothing happens everything else seem to run normally
    4. Proceed to follow various trouble shooting steps
      • Some troubleshooting steps seems to get rid of the red x on the taskbar volume icon
      • The recording tab in the sound settings is also now accessible
      • However things may seem fine at first, audio input/output is still not working and playing a test sound fails.

Solutions I've Tried:

• DISM (ended with no errors)
    • sfc /scannow (found corrupted files, required restart)
    • Restarting Windows Audio Service (results in err 1061, service then gets stuck on stopping)
    • Disabling and re-enabling audio drivers
    • Reinstalling audio drivers from manufacturers site
    • Using windows generic audio drivers
    • Restarting my PC
    As you can see, I've spent a lot of time trying to fix this issue and it is starting to get really frustrating.

Reetik2000, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

No sound. Windows audio is stuck at "stopping"

1. No sound. Windows audio is stuck at "stopping" - Similar Threads - sound audio stuck

2. windows audio stuck at "stopping"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows audio stuck at "stopping": Window audio stuck on "stopping" pls helpits also not showing any of my devices now that audio stopped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-stuck-at-stopping/cc49757a-41a2-4064-b785-d0031eb2749e
  3. windows audio stuck at "stopping"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows audio stuck at "stopping": Window audio stuck on "stopping" pls helpits also not showing any of my devices now that audio stopped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-stuck-at-stopping/cc49757a-41a2-4064-b785-d0031eb2749e
  4. Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services: I recently installed audio software Rode Connect which proceeded to generate a "The audio service is not running" error as soon as it was installed. The sound settings were inaccessible but uninstalling fixed the problem.After reinstalling the software to look for a solution,...
  5. Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services: I recently installed audio software Rode Connect which proceeded to generate a "The audio service is not running" error as soon as it was installed. The sound settings were inaccessible but uninstalling fixed the problem.After reinstalling the software to look for a solution,...
  6. Windows audio service stuck on stopping in Services

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Audio stuck at "stopping"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio stuck at "stopping": Sound are not working on my computer. Windows Audio is stuck at stopping, with no option to either "restart", "start" or "stop it". Need help to get it to run. I have tried restarting my computer, and its still stuck at "stopping". The setting is set to start automatically...
  8. Audio/sound has stopped working

Audio/sound has stopped working: Hi! Yesterday, the audio and sound started to not work on my computer. Both by using computer speakers, and also it doesn't work to connect my Bose headphones through Bluetooth and listen through them. I pressed on "Troubleshooting" and it said it that the audio service...
  9. Sound not working and windows audio stuck at "stoping"

Sound not working and windows audio stuck at "stoping": I was talking with some people and the all of the sudden my sound just quit and then on the bottom hot bar on the sound icon it says "audio service is not running. I went into services and saw that the service call "Windows Audio" i tried to use command prompt but it says...
  10. i stopped my windows audio and it is stuck at "stopping"

in Windows 10 Customization
    i stopped my windows audio and it is stuck at "stopping": it has been two nights that i kept on losing the audio to my laptop. it has been a hassle. i fixed it last time and the audio came back but last night when i connected my headset via bluetooth, there is no audio. i already restarted my laptop thrice and still no audio. so i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows audio stuck on stopping

2. windows audio stopping

3. windows audio service stuck in stopping

4. windows audio service stuck on stopping,
  5. windows audio stuck at stopping,
  6. windows audio stuck in stopping,
  7. windows audio service stopping,
  8. windows audio is stopping,
  9. windows audio stuck stopping,
  10. windows audio stopping error,
  11. windows audio shows stopping,