Windows 10: No sound with HDMI connection and is not a driver problem

Discus and support No sound with HDMI connection and is not a driver problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro-64-bit is not seeing system speakers on a Viewsonic VA2246M LED Monitor with built-in Speakers, Have a case number but have not heard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gil "Keep it Simple", May 28, 2023.

1. No sound with HDMI connection and is not a driver problem

Windows 10 Pro-64-bit is not seeing system speakers on a Viewsonic VA2246M LED Monitor with built-in Speakers, Have a case number but have not heard from tech support. Had external speakers that worked before and the HDMI connection is seen. by the system. Pkenty of space on my solid-state hard drive. Any suggestions?

:)

Gil "Keep it Simple", May 28, 2023
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, May 28, 2023
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, May 28, 2023
  4. Dacur Win User

No sound with HDMI connection and is not a driver problem

HDMI audio driver for ASUS X551M laptop?

This is from Intel regarding hdmi:
    • Install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver, this also installs the latest audio codecs for HDMI.
    • After driver installation, connect to the HDMI TV or digital display, using a HDMI cable.
    • Select HDMI audio as your default playback device. Click Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound. The Playback tab lists the audio playback devices for your computer.
    • Right-click on the device for HDMI audio, and select Set as Default Device.

Dacur, May 28, 2023
Thema:

No sound with HDMI connection and is not a driver problem

1. No sound with HDMI connection and is not a driver problem - Similar Threads - sound HDMI connection

2. No sound with HDMI connection and is not a driver problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound with HDMI connection and is not a driver problem: Windows 10 Pro-64-bit is not seeing system speakers on a Viewsonic VA2246M LED Monitor with built-in Speakers, Have a case number but have not heard from tech support. Had external speakers that worked before and the HDMI connection is seen. by the system. Pkenty of space on...
  3. No sound with HDMI connection and is not a driver problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound with HDMI connection and is not a driver problem: Windows 10 Pro-64-bit is not seeing system speakers on a Viewsonic VA2246M LED Monitor with built-in Speakers, Have a case number but have not heard from tech support. Had external speakers that worked before and the HDMI connection is seen. by the system. Pkenty of space on...
  4. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  5. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  6. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. HDMI to TV - sound problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI to TV - sound problem: Using the HDMI port I connected my laptop to my TV set to watch a sports event. The sound still came from the laptop rather than through the TV, whereas previously it did come through the TV speakers. What is happened and how is it fixed, please?...
  8. Sound Problems with HDMI and DisplayPort

Sound Problems with HDMI and DisplayPort: Dear Windows Community, I have encountered a strange problem: A few days ago I built a new PC with Windows 10 which is now connected to three displays 2x DisplayPort and 1x HDMI. One of these displays has speakers connected via DisplayPort, another doesn't have internal...
  9. No sound from HDMI connected monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound from HDMI connected monitor: The sound quit working on my HDMI connected monitor. It says headphone or speaker unplugged. I'm pretty sure some update caused it. I have a Dell Inspiron Desktop....
  10. HDMI/No sound

HDMI/No sound: How is it possible that so many people can have the same problem, write in this forum so many times and I can't find a fix answer. Device connected with HDMI cord will not show up in the "sounds" as an option to be selected....