Windows 10: No sound with red cross over volume tab

Discus and support No sound with red cross over volume tab in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there I have this no sound problems on my windows 10 Lenovo Miix 310 netbook. I have had the computer tested for hardware failures, had windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KristinPoulter, Sep 15, 2018.

1. No sound with red cross over volume tab

Hi there

I have this no sound problems on my windows 10 Lenovo Miix 310 netbook.

I have had the computer tested for hardware failures, had windows os reinstalled with all the drivers updated, tried different drivers, just about everything under the sun you can think of to try and fix it. It will work for a few moment and then crash out.

The fleeting moments it does work ar then followed by periods where windows reports evertyhing is working, despite there being no sound and then crashes again and the red cross appears on the speaker icon.

I have had the device at the Lenovo dealer twice now and they have not managed to fix it despite full reinstall and updates.

I have read and tried all the suggestions in the forums and nothing seems to work. Now I am getting desperate.

Please can someone suggest something else? Should I go with another OS like Ubuntu and see if that solves the problem? That's where I am now in this crisis.

Thanks

:)

KristinPoulter, Sep 15, 2018

2. Unable to turn on the sound, red cross next to sound icon

cant turn sound on has red cross next to sound icon.need step by step instruction please to resolve,

Original title : sound

MarkWinton, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Unable to turn on the sound, red cross next to sound icon

1. Which version of Windows are you running?

2. Which version of Internet Explorer or other browser?

3. Does "sound icon" refer to the sound icon on the Windows Taskbar?

Don

Don Varnau, Sep 15, 2018
  4. partians Win User

No sound with red cross over volume tab

Red cross on sound

No sound with red cross over volume tab [​IMG]

These all of the devices that show up,
    the G246HL-4 is one of my monitors that doesn't have speakers.

partians, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

No sound with red cross over volume tab

1. No sound with red cross over volume tab - Similar Threads - sound red cross

2. My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works: My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works. I have a Philips PHL 23V7 monitor connected to my W10 Pro PC via the HDMI. I have a pair of speakers connected directly to the monitor.The behaviou of the ICON has changed. Previously I could immediately change the...
  3. My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works: My Sound Icon shows a red cross ... but sound still works. I have a Philips PHL 23V7 monitor connected to my W10 Pro PC via the HDMI. I have a pair of speakers connected directly to the monitor.The behaviou of the ICON has changed. Previously I could immediately change the...
  4. red cross on sound icon in System tray

red cross on sound icon in System tray: Speakers work & microphone works too. But there is a red cross on the speaker icon in the system tray. Hover over the Icon and pop up says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in". Right click and Hover over "Speaker setup" Shows UNKNOWN and a pop up to the left says...
  5. no sound red cross by speaker icon

no sound red cross by speaker icon: I have no sound, getting no output devices connected. I have tried all trouble shootin tips nothing works. I have same problem on windows 7 pc. They both failed at the same time...
  6. Fix Red X Cross on the Volume icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Red X Cross on the Volume icon in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users have experienced a red X cross on the volume icon […] This article Fix Red X Cross on the Volume icon in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Files with red cross

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with red cross: All the files that I created recently have a red cross on them. This refers to different formats Excel, World, PowerPoint. What is it and how to get rid of this red cross? Thank you....
  8. No sound and a red cross against the sound icon. Windows 10.

No sound and a red cross against the sound icon. Windows 10.: I have a 'no audio driver installed' message after a reset in windows 10. Lots of websites offering audio drivers, that I am unwilling to trust. So Is there away of getting audio drivers from MS, and is Driver Talent a reliable download to overcome my problem? Many...
  9. No Audio Output Device is installed ! Red cross volume icon. Occasionally can get sound...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Audio Output Device is installed ! Red cross volume icon. Occasionally can get sound...: Hi all, Since late July my computer ran into sound problems. Out of nowhere the sound would be scratchy, screechy with tons of static disturbance through speakers and headphones which became unbearable. I wish I could remember if I did something - but honestly I don't...
  10. Red cross on sound

Red cross on sound: Hello, I have a fresh install on my PC and for some reason it doesn't detect my headphones, I've plugged them in the front and rear and still no luck, all drivers and software are up to date, any idea what's happening? They did use to work before the fresh install. 43067