Windows 10: No sound with windows 10 media player or any other function on the computer such as...

Discus and support No sound with windows 10 media player or any other function on the computer such as... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This problem began during my first attempt to stream a movie from AMC. Other streaming services, I've mostly used Netflix, used to work just fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yaelaE, Jun 2, 2020.

1. yaelaE Win User

No sound with windows 10 media player or any other function on the computer such as...

This problem began during my first attempt to stream a movie from AMC. Other streaming services, I've mostly used Netflix, used to work just fine. Now I can't get sound with anything.

:)

yaelaE, Jun 2, 2020

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jun 2, 2020
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

No sound with windows 10 media player or any other function on the computer such as...

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

1. No sound with windows 10 media player or any other function on the computer such as... - Similar Threads - sound media player

2. Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?: Microsoft expects everyone to move to a media player that: cannot add album art or edit details of FLAC files WMP can, remove specific albums or songs from your library WMP can, or edit details of multiple songs at a time WMP can??Why exactly is Microsoft forcing a media...
  3. Rip function in Windows media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rip function in Windows media player: windows media player will not rip a cd. a box pops up that says one or more songs cannot be ripped. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rip-function-in-windows-media-player/298c78d8-3b87-41bb-998c-9e34f49c4706
  4. Rip function in Windows media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rip function in Windows media player: windows media player will not rip a cd. a box pops up that says one or more songs cannot be ripped. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rip-function-in-windows-media-player/298c78d8-3b87-41bb-998c-9e34f49c4706
  5. Rip function in Windows media player

6. Windows Media Player not functioning

Windows Media Player not functioning: I have several programs which use Windows Media Player for their audio. All now 'quiet'. '.wav' files. Programs working 2 days ago now cause system hang with error "The program wmplayer.exe version 12.0.19041.1 stopped interacting with Windows ". Files individually work OK...
  7. windows media player no sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows media player no sound: since last update my media player has no sound I had to reinstall windows because the external drive changed from e to g also sonos had to reinstalled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-no-sound/dec02fe8-ffff-4b94-95d2-ca407b7dd069
  8. Windows Media Player Sound

Windows Media Player Sound: The sound has worked well until today. I selected the music I wanted to listen to, all onscreen indicators say the sound is working but no sound is coming out. NOTE: The speakers are integrated into the all-in-one computer. How can I fix it so that I can hear my music as I...
  9. No sound on my PC with any media player

No sound on my PC with any media player: Why won't mp3 or mp4 files play on my Windows 10 PC in Media Player (Windows encountered an error opening this file)? The files open in other media players with no sound and iTunes plays the mp3s without any problem. And yes, my speakers are at 100%. Everything used to work...
  10. Will Windows 10 bring Media Player with DVD functions

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Windows 10 bring Media Player with DVD functions: I thought Microsoft's explanation of why they dropped DVD support from the Windows 8 - Media Player (because everyone streamed movies now days) was a little silly. Umm, but I wonder about all those millions upon millions of dvd's still out there and those still being sold?...