Windows 10: No Sound with Windows 10

Discus and support No Sound with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 but have lost all of the sound. How do I rectify this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillWorsfold, Jan 18, 2020.

1. No Sound with Windows 10

I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 but have lost all of the sound. How do I rectify this?

:)

BillWorsfold, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No Sound with Windows 10 :p

cadaveca, Jan 18, 2020
  4. No Sound with Windows 10

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

No Sound with Windows 10

1. No Sound with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sound

2. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  3. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  4. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  6. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  7. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  8. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  9. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...: So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control panel and sound settings, which both showed that a noise level was being picked up but when i tried to listen back to it with...
  10. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...: So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control panel and sound settings, which both showed that a noise level was being picked up but when i tried to listen back to it with...