Windows 10: no sound working since newest update other then discord startup sound

Discus and support no sound working since newest update other then discord startup sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i recently updated my pc after not doing so for a month and all of a sudden my sound stops working on my speakers and headphone the only sound i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ToughPie, Oct 20, 2020.

1. no sound working since newest update other then discord startup sound

i recently updated my pc after not doing so for a month and all of a sudden my sound stops working on my speakers and headphone the only sound i can hear is the sound you hear everytime discord starts up mp3 files dont play sound mp4 files dont chrome or any browser plays sound and not even anything in discord other then the startup sound i have no idea why please help.

submitted by /u/ToughPie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ToughPie, Oct 20, 2020

2. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 20, 2020
  3. windows10 startup sound not working

Hi,

For us to provide you with the a proper solution, are you only referring to the startup sound? If not, have you tried playing audio from different programs?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Sound troubleshooter in Control Panel to check for any errors.

Here are the steps:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and type Troubleshooting.
    • In the results, click on Troubleshooting (Control Panel).
    • In the Troubleshooting window, click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Sound, click on Playing audio.

Note: We also suggest that you run Hardware and Devices under Devices.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Rivergoat Win User

no sound working since newest update other then discord startup sound

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

no sound working since newest update other then discord startup sound

1. no sound working since newest update other then discord startup sound - Similar Threads - sound working since

2. Sound crackling since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound crackling since update: Hi, my sound is crackling. Realtek high definition audio windows 10It temporarily fixes if I disable sound effects, toggle immediate mode, toggle spatial sound. This seems to have no particular pattern, just changing a setting seems to temp fix.I've run windows updatesI've...
  3. Sound crackling since update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound crackling since update: Hi, my sound is crackling. Realtek high definition audio windows 10It temporarily fixes if I disable sound effects, toggle immediate mode, toggle spatial sound. This seems to have no particular pattern, just changing a setting seems to temp fix.I've run windows updatesI've...
  4. Sound crackling since update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Discord call muting other sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord call muting other sounds: So I have this problem where whenever I join a Discord call or any voice call, the rest of my audio is muted, such as in-game audio, Spotify, YouTube videos, etc. The only thing that seems to work is disabling my mic, but it's annoying that I have to constantly enable and...
  6. Discord call muting other sounds

Discord call muting other sounds: So I have this problem where whenever I join a Discord call or any voice call, the rest of my audio is muted, such as in-game audio, Spotify, YouTube videos, etc. The only thing that seems to work is disabling my mic, but it's annoying that I have to constantly enable and...
  7. Sound not working in firefox or discord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound not working in firefox or discord: yesterday night, sound stopped working in the above mentioned applications. They were working fine on tuesday night, and somewhere inbetween the sound broke. I have tried testing other applications on my pcchrome, flash, civ 6, alarm and none of them have any issues. the...
  8. Sound not working in firefox or discord

Sound not working in firefox or discord: yesterday night, sound stopped working in the above mentioned applications. They were working fine on tuesday night, and somewhere inbetween the sound broke. I have tried testing other applications on my pcchrome, flash, civ 6, alarm and none of them have any issues. the...
  9. sound problems since update

sound problems since update: Since the most recent update, I am having problems with sound and microphone. I finally have the microphone working, but now the speaker is not working. I had a very high pitch echo when the mic wasn't not functional. That is gone. I've gone through all of the settings...
  10. no sound since update

no sound since update: I just had a windows 10 update and now I have no sound . please help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-since-update/4ee37776-dc86-4597-9987-505b954be8b7