Windows 10: No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound

Discus and support No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This morning everything was fine then after a while I lost all audio and got muted laggy playback on YouTube. I'm using Windows 10 Home 10.0.17134. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Starwind Amada, Sep 23, 2018.

1. No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound

This morning everything was fine then after a while I lost all audio and got muted laggy playback on YouTube. I'm using Windows 10 Home 10.0.17134. My speaker is an Amazon Basics BSK20 Bluetooth unit. I was playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider when the sound cut out. The volume in the game and on the PC is at 100%. Now there is no audio anywhere on the PC. I have restarted many times, disconnected and re-connected the speaker and nothing works. Why does this keep happening? I have no installed any updates other than drivers to my video card but after I did that the sound was working. It stopped working hours later.

:)

Starwind Amada, Sep 23, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Sound issue while using Youtube

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Is the issue specific to YouTube?
    • Have you installed all pending Sound card and Windows updates?

I suggest you to install all pending Sound card and Windows updates in your PC.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

If the issue persists then refer the link below and follow the steps one by one from the drop down.

Fix sound problems

Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 23, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Sep 23, 2018
  4. No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound

Sound lag/errors (Windows 10)

Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is highly appreciated.

I'm sorry to know that you get sound lag errors in
    Windows 10.I will be happy to assist you with this.

Please follow the below methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 8 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the audio settings of the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Playing Audio”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2: Update Audio Driver and check that was causing the issue.

Step 1: Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates.

Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on “Install optional updates” from the left pane.
    • From the “Windows Update” window, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates and install all the updates listed there.
    Step 2: Try updating the drivers from the Device Manager.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X”.
    • Click on “Device Manager”.
    • Search for the Sound Card from the device list and right click on it and select “Update Driver Software”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation of the latest driver.
    If no drivers are available, then check in the computer and sound card manufacturer’s website for the audio drivers for your sound card. If they are available, then download and
    install them on the computer.

Step 3: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the computer or sound card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 8 audio drivers available for the sound card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Vijaya Kumari 1, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound

1. No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound - Similar Threads - Sound Youtube Lags

2. YouTube videos sounding muffled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube videos sounding muffled.: Seriously. This started happening a few weeks ago and now it's only gotten worse. Every youtube video I play sounds like it's being played thru speakers that are 10 feet underwater. This same thing is happening on Edge and Firefox browsers. It's not happening on audio files...
  3. YouTube videos sounding muffled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube videos sounding muffled.: Seriously. This started happening a few weeks ago and now it's only gotten worse. Every youtube video I play sounds like it's being played thru speakers that are 10 feet underwater. This same thing is happening on Edge and Firefox browsers. It's not happening on audio files...
  4. sound not working in youtube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound not working in youtube: but works in disney and amazon prime. i have recover,reset, restarted and downloaded updates to no avail. can you help PLEASE. Tony G. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-not-working-in-youtube/7592f0dd-197e-4726-8177-2409c5462139
  5. sound on youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound on youtube videos: I can not increase the volume on down loaded you tube videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-on-youtube-videos/796ece82-bfc5-4e30-89c4-f72ab268cc00
  6. Sound crackling and lag

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound crackling and lag: Every time I watch videos/Play game, Sound lag/error comes. the sound pauses repeatedly in seconds and makes a noise like "beeeeeps". I have tried all the ways, sometimes it works and sometimes not. I tried to roll back sound driver on device manager I tried to uninstall...
  7. Sound not working for youtube- etc...?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound not working for youtube- etc...?: Hello- I've checked all of the Device Manager settings, and they say that they are working properly, but when I try to view a video on youtube, there is no sound whatsoever- even tho my speakers are turned up-- must be something simple I'm missing? duh......
  8. No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on video on music files, have sound on youtube and web: My video and music files (all of them) have no sound when played, even though yesterday it was all okay. I've tried more media players including vlc, windows media player; none of them works. I reinstalled the audio drivers. I would appreciate any other suggestion and help!...
  9. Sound on youtub

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sound on youtub: I have a problem with Youtube sound since it is really too quiet. When I turn on the audio file, it starts to sound normally in the beginning and then is getting quieter. I have to go to Realtek settings to make just one song sounds louder. And I have to repeat these steps...
  10. Sound fadeout with mp4 or YouTube

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound fadeout with mp4 or YouTube: Win 10 pro 1607 14393.953 Two similar incidents, 3 days apart. Played video on YouTube and sound started ok but soon faded to almost inaudible. Downloaded the mp4 and played on Movies&Tv, Win Media Player and Zoom Player and on all the sound was weak and distorted. Tried...