Windows 10: No Sound.

Discus and support No Sound. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a red cross on the sound bar. Device Manager shows two audio devices. I cannot listen to anything! One minute it was working and now it is not?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LesleyThompson2, Oct 11, 2018.

1. No Sound.

I have a red cross on the sound bar. Device Manager shows two audio devices. I cannot listen to anything!

One minute it was working and now it is not? Has there been an update that removes sound on Windows 10?

:)

LesleyThompson2, Oct 11, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No Sound. :p

cadaveca, Oct 11, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 11, 2018
  4. No Sound.

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

No Sound.

1. No Sound. - Similar Threads - Sound

2. Sound drivers problem- This device cannot start. (Code 10) The request is not supported.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound drivers problem- This device cannot start. (Code 10) The request is not supported.: I downloaded drivers for sound by website for my motherboard and sound didn't work. the only working audio jack is on my monitor. So I decided to solve this with driver easy PRO version and i updated all my drivers but sound still doesn't work. I have on board audio devices...
  3. Sounds from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sounds from Lock Screen: For two months my computer has been playing the Windows Hardware disconnect.wav frequently in screensaver & lockscreen mode. I disconnected all my USB devices except the hubs, but it continues. Any help out there?...
  4. music over rides video sound when streaming

music over rides video sound when streaming: music over rides video sound when streaming https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-over-rides-video-sound-when-streaming/6e126f64-ec2c-47f2-8083-6162afa8f1a1
  5. Forza Horizon 3 sounds not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 3 sounds not working: So a couple of days ago I got Forza Horizon 3, and Immediatly after getting into the game, I noticed that the sounds for the dialog were not working and that the engine sounds for many of the cars are not working. A few of the cars I have had trouble with are the 2005 Lotus...
  6. No sound on my computer.

No sound on my computer.: My computer is HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart PC. The Sound icon has an X and I cant put the volume up or down. When I went to sound settings it said I have no input or output device. I Keep trying the troubleshooters but it says it cant identify the problem. When I try to update on...
  7. Windows 10 Pro 1809 -- Windows System Sounds stopped working

Windows 10 Pro 1809 -- Windows System Sounds stopped working: System Sounds are not playing. I couldn't find any category that covers this or a "misc" category, if this is in the wrong place, please move it. Also if it has been covered before, please point me there, I could not figure out how to search for it without getting tons of...
  8. No sound when running Minecraft Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No sound when running Minecraft Windows 10: Every time i run the game all sound on my PC cuts out. i have no idea how to fix it. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-running-minecraft-windows-10/cb5ef12a-03a7-40df-8c31-c179b5a98314"
  9. When will the Dts Sound Abound app be Available in the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will the Dts Sound Abound app be Available in the Microsoft Store?: Hi When will the Dts Sound Abound app be Available in the Microsoft Store? Thanks Jared *Original Title* Audio...
  10. no sound when I plug in my headphones

no sound when I plug in my headphones: When I plug in my headphones, windows turns the sound down to zero. I am on a windows 10 desktop computer that is a few months old. Today is the first time I've tried to use my old headphones. Following advice online I went to SOUND - COMMUNICATIONS and set it to NOTHING,...