Windows 10: no sound

Discus and support no sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HP computer sound has stopped working. I have uninstalled and re-installed it. Device manager says it is working fine but, no, it is not. Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeFrick, Oct 11, 2018.

1. MikeFrick Win User

no sound

My HP computer sound has stopped working. I have uninstalled and re-installed it. Device manager says it is working fine but, no, it is not. Help please.

Milo

:)

MikeFrick, Oct 11, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue no sound :p

cadaveca, Oct 11, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 11, 2018
  4. no sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

no sound

1. no sound - Similar Threads - sound

2. Problem with sound and other functions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with sound and other functions: The last update to my computer (Inspiron 17 7000 series) took place several days ago. Since then, I am having a problem. When I start my computer, the sound icon show that the volume is set at a certain level. However, as soon as I touch the keyboard (no matter the key),...
  3. Sound Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Problem: Good day I get the following message when trying to play music on Windows Media Player: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by...
  4. Unable to Play Sounds

Unable to Play Sounds: Today when I fired up my pc it was showing a red cross on the sound icon on the taskbar when I clicked on it it started Troubleshooter but troubleshooter couldn't help me when I open playback devices it is showing my Speakers and when I clicked test nothing happens I tried...
  5. Sound issue with Multiple Profiles - Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound issue with Multiple Profiles - Windows 10 Home: I have searched all over and can't seem to find an answer here... I bought two new computers for my home and installed fresh copies of Windows 10 home. I set up profiles for my and my wife, and wife and kids (users). When someone remains logged in and another person uses...
  6. No sound in Windows 10

No sound in Windows 10: I updated Windows awhile ago, and suddenly my audio stopped working. I ran the audio troubleshoot, it said there was no detectable problem, but still no sound. I've tried uninstalling the audio driver, reinstalling it, following articles online through both Microsoft and...
  7. Soundblaster audiogy fx dissapears overnight. No sound on reboot next day !

Soundblaster audiogy fx dissapears overnight. No sound on reboot next day !: I have just purchased a new (cheap I know) SoundBlaster Audigy fx to enhance my 5.1 speaker system. installed in to my pc and installed software and it worked fine recognised and software running and all speakers sounding wonderful ! yippee. however yesterday I re-booted my...
  8. Windows Game Bar - how to record sound output from the game but NOT ambient sound from the...

Windows Game Bar - how to record sound output from the game but NOT ambient sound from the...: Hi, There MUST be a way to do this because I had it working for about one day and then it mysteriously stopped. As it stands, when I start recording gameplay, the sound seems to be picked up by the built-in mic in the PC, which means it is recording both the game sound...
  9. Screen freezes and begins to brighten, sound continues

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen freezes and begins to brighten, sound continues: so i just signed up to ask for help with this problem as i couldn't find anyone having the same issue. --- the problem?: the screen occasionally freezes (all movement on it stops but sound continues like there's no freeze), after freezing the screen starts getting brighter...
  10. Need Sound Drivers. Where can I find It? Please Help, thanks.

Need Sound Drivers. Where can I find It? Please Help, thanks.: Model: Thomson Sp-Neo14-2bk32. Intel Atom x5-z8350CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-sound-drivers-where-can-i-find-it-please-help/29540ec5-c1e3-4d02-a4c3-44ded4afd1a5