Windows 10: no sound

Discus and support no sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HP computer sound has stopped working. I have uninstalled and re-installed it. Device manager says it is working fine but, no, it is not. Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeFrick, Oct 11, 2018.

1. MikeFrick Win User

no sound

My HP computer sound has stopped working. I have uninstalled and re-installed it. Device manager says it is working fine but, no, it is not. Help please.

Milo

:)

MikeFrick, Oct 11, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue no sound :p

cadaveca, Oct 11, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 11, 2018
  4. no sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

no sound

1. no sound - Similar Threads - sound

2. Windows 10 Login/Logoff sound change: not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Login/Logoff sound change: not working: So I recently turned on startup sounds of Windows 10, and thought, hey, I'll customize my sounds! So then I download the Windows XP startup sound for login and Windows 8 startup sound for logoff, both as .wav files. First, I went to the registry editor to tweak the...
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - No Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - No Sound: Hello, I purchased Minecraft for PC from the windows store. The game works fine but there is absolutely no sound. I have searched the internet for a solution and have tried literally every solution listed, and still the issue persists. All sounds on my PC work without any...
  4. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...
  5. Win10Pro 1809: I cannot select Bose Sound Color II Bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10Pro 1809: I cannot select Bose Sound Color II Bluetooth speaker: In the last few days I lost my ability to choose my Bluetooth speaker. I have a USB Bluetooth adapter to provide Bluetooth access to my speaker, an earbud, and stereo headphones. I also use a USB audio gizmo to connect my wired headphones and microphone. NEW SETTINGS NOT...
  6. Bluetooth Speaker / Sound problem on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Speaker / Sound problem on Windows 10?: Hi, I'm having trouble with my Bluetooth speaker on Win10. on the Bluetooth tab is connected but on the sound is always shown disconnected. I've used the same bluetooth speaker on my laptop with windows 8 and it worked perfectly fine but it won't work recently after I've...
  7. Task working but no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task working but no sound: I have set a task to open Windows Media Player every morning at 7.00 and play a radio stream. This has worked fine until the latest Windows upgrade. The task still works but I get no sound until I wake up the monitor which has gone to sleep. So the stream has been...
  8. No Startup Sound at boot from cold start.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Startup Sound at boot from cold start.: Whenever I do a restart boot I get the Windows Startup sound. If I boot from Shutdown I do not get it. Is this the way it should be? Thank you. 131275
  9. Windows 10, spatial sound options greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, spatial sound options greyed out: for some time now i have been having this problem that is not having spatial sound although i connected my headphones and dolby access does not see my headphones and even sonic headphones for windows does not work too so and in the playback device section when i choose my...
  10. Skype can’t access Sound Card

in Windows 10 News
    Skype can’t access Sound Card: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Skype has been the premier video-calling application for Windows users. Video calling or voice calling needs a microphone, speaker & headphone, and this hardware then needs to communicate with the system and the Skype application. If either of these devices...