Windows 10: no sound??

Discus and support no sound?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a new Dell 5680 for gaming and can not get any sound?? Anyone know what I might need to do to get sound??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by suzeg988, Jan 4, 2020.

1. suzeg988 Win User

no sound??

I have a new Dell 5680 for gaming and can not get any sound?? Anyone know what I might need to do to get sound??

:)

suzeg988, Jan 4, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue no sound?? :p

cadaveca, Jan 4, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 4, 2020
  4. no sound??

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

no sound??

1. no sound?? - Similar Threads - sound

2. Volume Change Sound Unbalanced

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume Change Sound Unbalanced: [ATTACH] So in the most recent update of Windows 10, I and some others have noticed that the sound played when changing your volume is unbalanced. This can cause insanity as people think they're speakers are broken. It's especially noticeable for headphone users. EDIT:...
  3. Spatial sound option greyed out cant even select from notification bar Os build 19546.1000

Spatial sound option greyed out cant even select from notification bar Os build 19546.1000: im on Os build 19546.1000 prerelease build and the spatial sound option is greyed out for me i cant even click on it to choose it. i uninstalled and installed multiple drivers to try and fix it nothing works. anyone has any idea what to do? submitted by /u/dante128 [link]...
  4. Connection sound bug

Connection sound bug: I have two screen setup, everthing work correctly for a long time but idk why, suddenly every time pc goes sleep connection sound repeat after and after. I remove every cable from PC and plug it one by one, found the problem its HDMI cable. İdk why and i cant find solition...
  5. Connection sound bug

Connection sound bug: I have two screen setup, everthing work correctly for a long time but idk why, suddenly every time pc goes sleep connection sound repeat after and after. I remove every cable from PC and plug it one by one, found the problem its HDMI cable. İdk why and i cant find solition...
  6. Static / uneven sound from headphone jack.

Static / uneven sound from headphone jack.: My HP laptop's (cx0056wm) headphone started giving weird noises from this morning. The real sound is mixed with all types of electrical noises (humm ,buzz ,static etc) .I have tried all the obvious solutions (rebooting ,driver ,cleaning jack ,etc) ,but nothing worked. I am...
  7. Super annoying Sound Bug (Downsampling) after Windows 10 Upgrade

Super annoying Sound Bug (Downsampling) after Windows 10 Upgrade: Anyone else experiencing this horrible sound bug where every 30 seconds or 1 minute the sound is being downsampled? It doesn't matter which sound source I pick, or which programm the sound is coming from - sometimes theres just some horrible downsampling happening for like 1...
  8. Windows 10 update no sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update no sound: I ran the update that just posted and now I have absolutely no sound. Tells me Audio Service is not running. I've tried all the steps but there is nothing there. I was watching a video just fine before running the update. Help!!...
  9. Windows 10 Mail notification: Want sound only!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail notification: Want sound only!: In Windows 10 Mail, is there a way to just have a sound notification without seeing a banner? In "Notifications," If I uncheck the visible banner, it greys out the sound notification box. It seems to only allow both banner & sound or banner only. I want sound only!...
  10. Sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound settings: In sound setting the system sound level always reverts to the Master volume level. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-settings/b4b974a2-ff3a-4e90-bf56-60a2c53c3ae0