Windows 10: No sound

Discus and support No sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Today I found I had no sound on my computer. Yesterday I was prompted to update drivers, which I did, but today although it states in my device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Boatswain GM, Sep 26, 2020.

1. No sound

Today I found I had no sound on my computer. Yesterday I was prompted to update drivers, which I did, but today although it states in my device manager that the audio realtek is working fine, and in the sound settings the volume shows as if it were OK, I still have no sound.

:)

Boatswain GM, Sep 26, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound :p

cadaveca, Sep 26, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Sep 26, 2020
  4. No sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

No sound

1. No sound - Similar Threads - sound

2. my cpu clock speed just broke the sound barrier

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my cpu clock speed just broke the sound barrier: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TareqP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgr7hi/my_cpu_clock_speed_just_broke_the_sound_barrier/
  3. How can I set my audio provider (sound card?) to ASIO instead of the default one? The sound...

How can I set my audio provider (sound card?) to ASIO instead of the default one? The sound...: The title explains all submitted by /u/ThatGuyPedram [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jh8k4b/how_can_i_set_my_audio_provider_sound_card_to/
  4. Windows 10 sound doesn't switch to bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 sound doesn't switch to bluetooth headphones: Hi there, I am having trouble with connecting to my bluetooth headphones. They work fine when I am on a video conference. However, when I try to watch something online the sound comes from my laptop's speakers and not from the headphones even though are connected and selected...
  5. I just want to hear the left but it sounds left and right

I just want to hear the left but it sounds left and right: [ATTACH] I tried everything, so that it can be heard in a single earphone (3D) But it can be heard in both and I have audio problems in games, it is not the headphones because I use them on ps4 and if they work well there, I have a realtek driver, try I take help from...
  6. The upgrade to version 2004 destroyed all Sound

in Windows 10 Support
    The upgrade to version 2004 destroyed all Sound: I have tried all the suggestions i could find with no success. I obtained a Dell Optiplex 990 and had a clean installation of Version 1909, Build 18363.1082 installed. Still no sound. I originally had Realtek Drivers installed. I deleted the installed Realtek drivers and...
  7. Sound but no picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound but no picture: I bought the Call of duty PC game and went through the 6 disc installation but then i open the game I have picture and sound throught the opening cut secen, But when it gets to the in game play theres sound but no picture oh wait i can see how much ammo that i have the the...
  8. sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sound: since the latest upgrade, the sound icon does not work, I cannot connect Bluetooth speakers to my laptop. I can control individual programs sounds by going into settings/system/sound/ and using the advanced sound options, but should not have to do this much to raise or lower...
  9. sound problems

sound problems: since the latest upgrade, the sound icon does not work, I cannot connect Bluetooth speakers to my laptop. I can control individual programs sounds by going into settings/system/sound/ and using the advanced sound options, but should not have to do this much to raise or lower...
  10. no sound

no sound: ive been trying to get my new speakers to work on hp pc and it keeps telling me no audio device is installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound/fc9f4b03-b94e-4333-9439-cb82a335f0cb