Windows 10: No sound

Discus and support No sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have no sound * Moved from Research * OS assumed to be Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeorgeBerman, Feb 26, 2021.

1. No sound

I have no sound

* Moved from Research

* OS assumed to be Windows 10

:)

GeorgeBerman, Feb 26, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No sound :p

cadaveca, Feb 26, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Feb 26, 2021
  4. No sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

No sound

1. No sound - Similar Threads - sound

2. WIndows10: sound/music used to work in open active windows only

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows10: sound/music used to work in open active windows only: For whatever reason...now every window in the background/minimized or other wise is still playing sound/music...its maddening. I want the active/open window to be ready to work as normal. I surely don't want other windows 'wanting' my attention. I've had three 3 windows all...
  3. Dolby Atmos - no change in sound when you go through the different settings when using...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Atmos - no change in sound when you go through the different settings when using...: My laptop comes with Dolby Atmos. When I use the laptop speakers you can hear and notice the difference in sound when you go through the different settings: Game, Movie, Music, Voice, etc.... However, when I use my headphones or monitor speakers, the sound does not change...
  4. HDMI has no sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI has no sound: HDMI has no sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-has-no-sound/2092fac7-251a-4719-a4dd-1e439f17eb7e
  5. Window 10 version 2004 system sounds cannot turn off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 version 2004 system sounds cannot turn off.: Hey guys, currently I faced a problem that I couldn't turn of my system sounds after update my window to version 2004. Here is what I have done: 1. Right-click on the Speakers of the taskbar. 2. Click on the Open Volume M0ixer. 3. Scroll down the volume of System...
  6. No sound from laptop even when sound is on

No sound from laptop even when sound is on: [ATTACH] The selected playback device seems to be working, when I play an audio file, the green bars on its right seems to be moving according to the audio. However, no sound can be heard from my lap top. Here are some information about my lap top: [ATTACH] I have to...
  7. Taskhostw is repeating the same functions every second and playing a sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskhostw is repeating the same functions every second and playing a sound: To start off, I have completed the following steps: -Dism check and restore - sfc - Restoro system check - Virus scan Taskhostw continuously runs a create, query, close sequence every 1-2 seconds and plays Windows Background.wav every second. Yes, very annoying. This...
  8. Dell Optiplex , Win 10 , no sound from headphone jack

Dell Optiplex , Win 10 , no sound from headphone jack: Dell Optiplex 790 Win 10 Pro Intel Core i5 240gb SSD 8g RAM On-board sound card which I believe is a Realtek... I bought this refurbished today with Win 10 already installed , however it does not deliver sound to the headphone jack. The control panel shows only "High...
  9. WIndows 10 20h2 Sound problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 20h2 Sound problem: Lost sound bass which happend when i updated to v1909. But got fixed after some released updates. Now it happened again with 20h2. I know its not the driver issue because i tried various versions before. Using realtek Hd2.81. Core 15-2400 hyper x cloud headphone Dunno what...
  10. WIndows 10 Sound problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 Sound problem: Lost sound bass which happend when i updated to v1909. But got fixed after some released updates. Now it happened again with 20h2. I know its not the driver issue because i tried various versions before. Using realtek Hd2.81. Core 15-2400 Dunno what update fixed it in 1909....