Windows 10: No sounds after minutes of playing video games

Discus and support No sounds after minutes of playing video games in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When playing video games, I lose sound after playing it for 10 minutes or so. I need to put my computer to sleep and turn it on again for the sounds to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wengie Arriola, Nov 10, 2020.

1. No sounds after minutes of playing video games

When playing video games, I lose sound after playing it for 10 minutes or so. I need to put my computer to sleep and turn it on again for the sounds to reactivate.

I have already manually uninstalled and installed my drivers. Realtek audio drivers causes my microphone to static so I had to install another version of it. Please help

:)

Wengie Arriola, Nov 10, 2020

2. No Sound while playing games.

Hi Marbea,

For us to further isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Are you experiencing the issue when playing games only?
    • Is the issue the same when playing a different game? What game are you trying to play?

Meanwhile, you can check and try performing the troubleshooting steps provided in this

article
    . Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Nov 10, 2020
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 10, 2020
  4. No sounds after minutes of playing video games

Crackle/Popping Sound When Playing Audio + Stuttering Video Games

I just built a PC:

• ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING
    • Intel i7 8700k
    • EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB
    • Corsair RMx Series, RM750x 750w
    • Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD
    • Seagate 2 TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD
    • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200 MHz
    • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Not currently OC'd, default specs.

Whenever I play audio (YouTube, foobar, VLC player, video games) I can hear a popping/crackling sound whenever I start or stop it. It's like the small crackle sound you hear when you plug in headphones/speakers. This also happens during playback, although not randomly – it's usually a specific part of the audio/video file that causes the popping. I can even find the particular "pop" spot and replay it.

Additionally, whenever I'm playing a video game I get random frame skips at random intervals. This happens in all my video games – WoW, Subnautica, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3.

Originally I had the ASUS Prime z370-A which I thought to be the issue. But I replaced it with the ROG Strix and I can still hear the popping/crackling and the frame skips still happen.

Does anyone have experience with this issue? This is my first build over $1k and I'm very distressed that I cannot find the problem. Could it be the hard drives? RAM, maybe?

Synchro Theus, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

No sounds after minutes of playing video games

1. No sounds after minutes of playing video games - Similar Threads - sounds minutes playing

2. Laptop black screens after 5 minutes of playing video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop black screens after 5 minutes of playing video games.: My laptop has never been doing this in the past 2 years, this only started 2 weeks ago and I have still not found a solution. Basically, when I run "Roblox" a game, Discord and google chrome freeze. Google Chrome goes black only below the search bar and discord completely...
  3. Laptop black screens after 5 minutes of playing video games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop black screens after 5 minutes of playing video games.: My laptop has never been doing this in the past 2 years, this only started 2 weeks ago and I have still not found a solution. Basically, when I run "Roblox" a game, Discord and google chrome freeze. Google Chrome goes black only below the search bar and discord completely...
  4. Laptop black screens after 5 minutes of playing video games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Online video streaming stops after few minutes of playing

Online video streaming stops after few minutes of playing: Hi all,Thanks for your time on reading this post.I'm experiencing a video playback issue when accessing streaming services like Netflix, Binge, Curiosity Stream and more. >>>>>But not with YouTube. YouTube works fine.When I play a video content for few minutes 3-4 minutes on...
  6. Online video streaming stops after few minutes of playing

Online video streaming stops after few minutes of playing: Hi all,Thanks for your time on reading this post.I'm experiencing a video playback issue when accessing streaming services like Netflix, Binge, Curiosity Stream and more. >>>>>But not with YouTube. YouTube works fine.When I play a video content for few minutes 3-4 minutes on...
  7. BSOD after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after a few minutes of playing games: Laptop: Acer Helios 300 PH315-52Hi, first I would to say thank you for spending your precious time on this problem of mine and I hope you can help me with this.For the past 3 weeks, I have been having this issue where my laptop would close any game after a few minutes of...
  8. BSOD after a few minutes of playing games

BSOD after a few minutes of playing games: Laptop: Acer Helios 300 PH315-52Hi, first I would to say thank you for spending your precious time on this problem of mine and I hope you can help me with this.For the past 3 weeks, I have been having this issue where my laptop would close any game after a few minutes of...
  9. Delayed BSOD after playing video games for a few minutes, again VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Delayed BSOD after playing video games for a few minutes, again VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: I have somehow come across the same BSOD after solving it a few weeks ago. It persists across multiples games and happens after either a short duration 1 minute or a long duration 40 minutes of gameplay. Whenever it happens, the game would close and show a prompt regarding...
  10. BSOD after a few minutes of playing video games VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

BSOD after a few minutes of playing video games VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: I have not come across this BSOD until a week ago. It is persistent across multiple games that I play; The only common aspect between them is their use of Direct X 12, I believe. The BSOD only happens a few minutes into playing a video game, varying from 40 minutes to 5...