Windows 10: No speaker & microphone device is plugged issue?

Discus and support No speaker & microphone device is plugged issue? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a very annoying issue like this : [ATTACH] I don't know whether this is because Windows updates or not, but 1 month ago my laptop worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by senadwija tenaya, Apr 18, 2019.

1. No speaker & microphone device is plugged issue?

I have a very annoying issue like this :

No speaker & microphone device is plugged issue? c1fbe227-caa0-4853-bd37-0a0bfa83ca58?upload=true.png

I don't know whether this is because Windows updates or not, but 1 month ago my laptop worked fine, all the devices worked fine, my laptop never fell or something else. but I saw the speaker icon on the taskbar, there was a red cross image and said the device speaker numbers were plugged in, as well as audio diagnostic. when I check the output settings and audio device input, there isn't a single list of speaker or microphone devices there, and there are written disabled. I have followed all the ways to deal with this issue, but none have helped, from updating audio drivers, disabling and re-enabling drivers, checking Windows audio service to add legacy hardware. My audio driver "AMD High Definition Audio" works well. is this a windows update bug or something? because if I assume that my laptop's audio device is broken, but why if I connect the headset to the laptop there is still no sound on the headset? if it is true that my laptop's audio hardware is damaged, I should still be able to play songs through the headset.

:)

senadwija tenaya, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Plug in your microphone

Your computer may be having an issue detecting your microphone that is why you're always seeing the notification. We recommend that you disable, and then re-enable your microphone to resolve the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the lower right part of your screen, right-click the speaker or sound icon.
    • Choose Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the list of recording devices, and then make sure that the
      Show disabled devices
      option is checked. If the option is not checked, kindly click it.
    • Right-click on your microphone, and then select Disable.
    • Right-click again on your microphone, and then select Enable.
    • Click OK.
    • Check if you'll encounter the microphone notification again.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Apr 18, 2019
  4. No speaker & microphone device is plugged issue?

Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/328279-2.htm for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

RowaninMelb, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

No speaker & microphone device is plugged issue?

1. No speaker & microphone device is plugged issue? - Similar Threads - speaker microphone device

2. 20h2 no speakers and plug in issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    20h2 no speakers and plug in issues: I have a problem with my laptop. After updating it, I started receiving 20h2 error saying "no speakers or headphone are plugged in".Because of this error I don't have any sounds even in the built in speaker. I tried restarting, reinstalling and updating drivers and none...
  3. 20h2 no speakers and plug in issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    20h2 no speakers and plug in issues: I have a problem with my laptop. After updating it, I started receiving 20h2 error saying "no speakers or headphone are plugged in".Because of this error I don't have any sounds even in the built in speaker. I tried restarting, reinstalling and updating drivers and none...
  4. 20h2 no speakers and plug in issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio Issues "No speakers or headphones plugged in."

Audio Issues "No speakers or headphones plugged in.": Hello everyone, 2019 iMac 21.5 windows bootcamp my audio isn't working and whenever I hover over it, it says "No speakers or headphones plugged in." But I have my headphones plugged in and it says that all of my PC's built in speakers all unplugged, but they're all plugged...
  6. no speakers or headphone are plugged in's issues

no speakers or headphone are plugged in's issues: so i have a problem with my pc's sound device. i don't really sure if the problem is on the hardware or the sound driver. my sound driver is AMD High Definition Audio Setting. there is red cross on the sound icon on the taskbar and it said "No Speakers or headphones are...
  7. Microphone and Speaker Issues BT

Microphone and Speaker Issues BT: Is there a way to use my Bluetooth headphones working as both an input 'Headset' and output 'Headphones'? I noticed that when using any voice application like Discord or Zoom, if I set the input to "Headset" and the output to "Headphones" output sounds are completely muted...
  8. Laptop microphone and speaker issues

Laptop microphone and speaker issues: Hi: I have a Dell Precision 7520, Win10, Office, etc. Just recently two things have happened with the system audio. 1 The computer has apparently forgotten that it has a microphone. It just up and disappeared from the hardware and driver list? 2 It wakes up with no speaker...
  9. Microphone not plugged in (it is)

Microphone not plugged in (it is): My Microphone was fine until i decided to clean up my room, after that i plugged it back in and it did not work. My computer said it wasn't plugged it and it is, help would be appreciated 156417
  10. microphone: speaker cannot work when I plug in a usb microphone

microphone: speaker cannot work when I plug in a usb microphone: I plug my USB microphone into my laptop, it can detect sound, can record sound, but my laptop cannot play the sound neither by computer speaker nor headphone, unless I pull out the USB microphone....