Windows 10: No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

Discus and support No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, about 80% of domain joined computers have gotten the Red x. After troubleshooting we found a quick fix rather then imaging the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Armando Nieves, May 19, 2022.

1. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

Hello Everyone, about 80% of domain joined computers have gotten the Red x. After troubleshooting we found a quick fix rather then imaging the whole computer. The fix was going to Registry Editor as admin and following this path Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices once we got to the folder MMDevices we would right click it and click on permissions. After that we would click on Audiosrv and Users and allow full permissions then click apply. Then open up services as admin and go to Windows Audio and restart that would make the Red x go way and we can h

:)

Armando Nieves, May 19, 2022
  2. claudsg Win User

No speakers or headphones are plugged in Windows 10

Hi, so I ran the find any problem devices and nothing seemed to pop up. When running the audio trouble shooting the problem found was "low audio device volume" and when I hover over audio button with the red cross it says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" when mine are and I got the little pop up window saying that a device had been plugged in. It's not allowing me to turn up the volume either. If I try to play sound rather than it coming out of my pc's speakers or my headphone nothing comes out

claudsg, May 19, 2022
  3. Hagan Sum Win User
    When I try to plug in my gaming headset, the volume icon has a red "X" and says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in.", How can I solve this?

When I try to plug in my gaming headset into my computer, the volume icon has a red "X" and says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in.", although it was just working hours before? Is this a driver issue?

Hagan Sum, May 19, 2022
  4. txstoby Win User

No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, May 19, 2022
Thema:

No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

1. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume - Similar Threads - speakers headphones are

2. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  3. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  4. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X Above The Windows Search Box How Do I Get Rid Of It ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-with-red-x/5fee0f10-4bb1-4d90-9746-e25825a6dab7
  5. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume: Hello Everyone, about 80% of domain joined computers have gotten the Red x. After troubleshooting we found a quick fix rather then imaging the whole computer. The fix was going to Registry Editor as admin and following this path...
  6. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume: Hello Everyone, about 80% of domain joined computers have gotten the Red x. After troubleshooting we found a quick fix rather then imaging the whole computer. The fix was going to Registry Editor as admin and following this path...
  7. Red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  8. Red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  9. "No speakers or headphones are plugged in". Red circle on sound sign.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "No speakers or headphones are plugged in". Red circle on sound sign.: Good Morning! Good Afternoon! Good evening! My Laptop: ASUS X555QG. Windows 10 1909. (Sorry for my English). It happened suddenly. The sound does not work with headphones and without headphones. I have tried to connect it to another dynamics, but also the same. Works when...
  10. Red X over speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red X over speakers: So recently I was using my laptop and suddenly found that I have no sound. Yes I've went in and uninstalled and reinstalled the main program I have the sound run on. I also restarted my laptop 3 times and nothing works....