Windows 10: No speakers or headphones plugged in

Discus and support No speakers or headphones plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Heya there guys, so i've been tryna fix this bug for around about 11 hours now...as the title says I am getting an audio issue where it's saying no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AltaCalls, Feb 24, 2019.

1. AltaCalls Win User

No speakers or headphones plugged in

Heya there guys, so i've been tryna fix this bug for around about 11 hours now...as the title says I am getting an audio issue where it's saying no speakers or headphones are plugged in. natrually I went about tweaking drivers and making sure everything was up to date. until I realised something odd. It wasn't detecting my headphones plugged in, I went into my playback devices to only see 4 devices all labelled as "Digital Audio (HDMI)"

I use DVI for my 2 monitors btw. I look around to find fixes again to no avail. I went over to my device manager to try and fix something there, the normal fixes of deleting certain drivers wouldn't work for me, neither does deleting them and reinstalling them. I cannot install any realtek software as it just seems to never work properly for me. and the only thing listed under "Sound, Video and game controllers" is a driver known as "High definition Audio Device". I've also tried fixing things in my BIOS to no success.

I really really need help and ASAP thanks again guys
    also if you need more details about things please tell me

:)

AltaCalls, Feb 24, 2019
  2. txstoby Win User

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Feb 24, 2019
  3. “no speakers or headphones are plugged in” windows 10

• Are you seeing an error code when trying to plug in speakers or headphone? - Nope No speakers or headphones plugged in :(
    • Have you made any changes or update to your device before the issue occurred? - Nope No speakers or headphones plugged in :( The problem appeared suddenly.
    • Have you tried using a different speakers or headphone and check if the same issue will persist? - Yes, same problem

Fernan Patrick Flores, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

1. No speakers or headphones plugged in - Similar Threads - speakers headphones plugged

2. no speaker or headphones are plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no speaker or headphones are plugged: مشكلة في الصوت لايعمل https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-speaker-or-headphones-are-plugged/b216d393-e615-4584-a930-662f0a53c7e3
  3. no speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no speakers or headphones are plugged in: I use an ROG GL551 laptop and yesterday the internal speakers stopped working and when I ran the troubleshooter and restarted my computer I got the audio error "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"I went to YouTube and tried almost every fix I could fine, I typed the add...
  4. no speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no speakers or headphones are plugged in: I use an ROG GL551 laptop and yesterday the internal speakers stopped working and when I ran the troubleshooter and restarted my computer I got the audio error "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"I went to YouTube and tried almost every fix I could fine, I typed the add...
  5. no speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. No speakers or headphones are plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in.: My sound icon has a red x and when I hover on it, it comes up with the message, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'. On device manager, I have no sound drivers installed I used to have realtek other than my headphones, for which the sound works for when i connect them....
  7. No Speakers or headphones are plugged in

No Speakers or headphones are plugged in: I Installed Kaspersky and I signed in i restart my pc and now it has an x sign in volume so i uninstalled Kaspersky. but there is still no audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-speakers-or-headphones-are-plugged-in/c4ca44a3-c112-4d38-8652-9506ae879fc0
  8. "No speakers or headphones are plugged in."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No speakers or headphones are plugged in.": Hi there,My device is a 2019 Omen 17 laptop with a NVIDIA Geforce 2060 card and an intel i7.My problem started when I used a 3rd party driver updater CCleaner to update multiple drivers of mine which as a result updated my sound card. This led to a restart and after that, I...
  9. No Speakers and Headphones Are Plugged In

No Speakers and Headphones Are Plugged In: Hi, guys I was playing YT and then the screen was freeze so I decide to press my force restart button on my PC. And now my speakers, microphones, headphones, or any audio devices not detected by my PC. I did some tutorial from google or YT but it doesn't work, like Uninstall...
  10. No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in

No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in: I recently installed win10 on a new clean hard-disk and afterwards found that the sound is not working. I am using ECS manufactured PC With Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz [ATTACH] I've downloaded the latest Realtek driver and it doesn't show on...